Need help setting up speakers on my monitor.

Go to solution Solved by William12h,

In the sound option on your System You need to change the Default device from the monitor to the  Speakers. Right click the sound icon in your taskbar and click on playback devices.

Just to be clear, yes this does make me feel rather stupid that I can't seem to figure this out :blush: but anyway...

I'm trying to use my usual speakers for my monitor while running everything through it via HDMI, the reason for this is that I want everything to share the same input/output system. Currently I have an Xbox and my PC hooked up to the same monitor but when I plug in my speakers the sound still comes through the built in speakers on the monitor and the sound quality is noticably worse.

I'm assuming I have to alter this setting somewhere but I can't find it, there isn't anything in the monitor controls and I thought the audio would come through the speakers once they were plugged in just like they do for headphones.

I have a Asus VE278H monitor by the way, I would appreciate any help on this.

In the sound option on your System You need to change the Default device from the monitor to the  Speakers. Right click the sound icon in your taskbar and click on playback devices.

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---