What's the best cheapest 8 core gaming PC build?

I thought more cores = better. Also just would like my PC to be future proof

There is no future for AMD fx series at the moment. Next fx probably require a new mobo.

Get i7 4790k or xeon 1231v3, they are 4 core with ht which is in effect 8 cores, without trading away singlecore performance.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I thought more cores = better. Also just would like my PC to be future proof

It only depends on scenario (gaming, editing, streaming) and AMDs 8core doesnt have 8 physical cores (only 4+4logical) unlike ubervexpensive 8core from Intel.

If u plant on streaming/recording for YouTube then i7-4790k is the best choice (would add £100 quid to that £975 build mentioned earlier). It has 4 physical cores for gaming and other tasks and 4 virtual cores if u do a lot of multitasking (streaming is one of them).

Future proof is just a term. It has LIMITS. U can build £1100 gaming PC now and it will run games and do everything fine for next 3 years but by then there will be 6 and 8 cores for the price of today's 4core CPUs.

After them 3 years u will surely want to upgrade your GPU though.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

best cheapest 8 core gaming build makes no sense

the best cheapest gaming pc build is not an 8 core build.

If you have a use for more cores than by all means, but gaming is currently only going to utilize 4 cores at the most

best cheapest 8 core gaming build makes no sense

the best cheapest gaming pc build is not an 8 core build.

If you have a use for more cores than by all means, but gaming is currently only going to utilize 4 cores at the most

I ment like thats the best build with a 8 core CPU but then people are saying that I don't need a 8 core CPU, just a more powerful quadcore CPU 

The number of cores and the clock those cores is irrelevant when comparing two different architectures.

With that said, for gaming purposes, there are only a handful of current games which use more than four threads, and as such anything more than four doesn't really help unless you also intend to stream/record while gaming. If you really wanted to "future proof" then a 4790k would be the best bet since you then will have access to 8 threads should games begin to utilize more. Although, at the moment I'd say a 4690k is more worthwhile as by the time more than 4 threads become important the 4790k will already start to be a slow cpu.

Alright I'll check out the 4690K :), just cos the ps4 has a 8 core cpu but I'll consider the 4690k. Not sure if I want to stream yet.

Alright I'll check out the 4690K :), just cos the ps4 has a 8 core cpu but I'll consider the 4690k. Not sure if I want to stream yet.

The PS4's "8 core" cpu is also not even remotely close to as powerful as an i3. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

There is no future for AMD fx series at the moment. Next fx probably require a new mobo.

Get i7 4790k or xeon 1231v3, they are 4 core with ht which is in effect 8 cores, without trading away singlecore performance.

Alright that sounds awesome thanks.

Alright that sounds awesome thanks.

The PS4's "8 core" cpu is also not even remotely close to as powerful as an i3.

Wow, didn't know that haha. I'm surprised haha.

How about a 6 core 5820K. I just got mine and I really like it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Wow, didn't know that haha. I'm surprised haha.

Again, clock speeds and core count isn't comparable between different architectures. 

Hence why a quad core smart phone cpu won't beat a desktop/laptop dual core. 

How about a 6 core 5820K. I just got mine and I really like it.

Not worth the extra money for gaming. By the times games would be able to utilize the extra cores meaningfully, a 6 core cpu will be mainstream (i.e. much cheaper).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It only depends on scenario (gaming, editing, streaming) and AMDs 8core doesnt have 8 physical cores (only 4+4logical) unlike ubervexpensive 8core from Intel.

If u plant on streaming/recording for YouTube then i7-4790k is the best choice (would add £100 quid to that £975 build mentioned earlier). It has 4 physical cores for gaming and other tasks and 4 virtual cores if u do a lot of multitasking (streaming is one of them).

Future proof is just a term. It has LIMITS. U can build £1100 gaming PC now and it will run games and do everything fine for next 3 years but by then there will be 6 and 8 cores for the price of today's 4core CPUs.

After them 3 years u will surely want to upgrade your GPU though.

Ahh it makes sense now haha thanks, just cos i like to multi task. Like I said earlier I don't mind paying a bit extra if I have to, I'll check out the i7-4790k.

Just get a 4690K, cores mean practically nothing.

And don't by an 8-core chip from 2012 if you want future proofing.

That chip was ahead of it's time back then, now it's just mediocre

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it