Need your advice for christmas phone :D

VerticalDiscussions

Hello everyone so after peeking at the new smartphone releases, i figured out "I cant see it really worth waiting for Snapdragon 810, Unless it comes between January and February"Id like to know what you guys think of it ^^? Im currently looking for a top smartphone with at least Quad-HD displays and +16 Megapixel Camera. If you know and share some or even the only.... monster with these specs id be happy to know. What would you do? Would you wait for faster Internet speeds (the ones we have are already pretty good) 3D and Ultra HD smoothly displayed and recordable,really fast performance in every possible benchmarks and even faster app launch? Im a performance enthusiast therefore i really want the best in terms of processing power+plus screen. Battery life as long as it is +3000Amp battery im glad for it. Thank you all and reply :D

Groomlake Authority

You're describing the Note 4. Also the Nexus 6 (good luck trying to get a hold of one :D).

The Note 4's camera is probably the best with exception to the saturation (personally I enjoy it, but others don't). But the Nexus's camera looks promising. The Note is feature packed, to the point of where it will not be the smoothest and/or the prettiest UI (the lag with TouchWiz isn't as bad as many make it sound on the internet, but IMO the skin isn't that great looking). If you are willing to give up some great features (as well as a LOT of useless ones) and the S Pen, you should go with a Nexus 6. It's slightly bigger but runs buttery smooth. A monster phone nowadays is going to have to be monster-sized.

-From the desk of Moose-

You're describing the Note 4. Also the Nexus 6 (good luck trying to get a hold of one :D).

The Note 4's camera is probably the best with exception to the saturation (personally I enjoy it, but others don't). But the Nexus's camera looks promising. The Note is feature packed, to the point of where it will not be the smoothest and/or the prettiest UI (the lag with TouchWiz isn't as bad as many make it sound on the internet, but IMO the skin isn't that great looking). If you are willing to give up some great features (as well as a LOT of useless ones) and the S Pen, you should go with a Nexus 6. It's slightly bigger but runs buttery smooth. A monster phone nowadays is going to have to be monster-sized.

Well i can see the Nexus 6 could be a great aquisition :D, cheaper and just as powerful. Well thank you ill consider it highly.

Groomlake Authority

The only phones that i know of that fit into this criteria are:

Note 4 and S5 LTE-A....

But i suggest you don't go with 1440p screen, on phones it's pretty unneeded... I'd rather have a bigger battery :)

EDIT: Nexus has a 13Mpx camera, not 16.... Also, Nexus 6 is not that cheaper... It has a full flagship price... 650$ i think....

Can you get a Droid Turbo (verizon) / Moto Maxx (not really out yet)?

If the moto maxx was actually released in America, I'd probly get it over a note or nexus. 

The battery is something like 3900mAh. My S4's is 2600 for comparison.

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

Hello everyone so after peeking at the new smartphone releases, i figured out "I cant see it really worth waiting for Snapdragon 810, Unless it comes between January and February"Id like to know what you guys think of it ^^? Im currently looking for a top smartphone with at least Quad-HD displays and +16 Megapixel Camera. If you know and share some or even the only.... monster with these specs id be happy to know. What would you do? Would you wait for faster Internet speeds (the ones we have are already pretty good) 3D and Ultra HD smoothly displayed and recordable,really fast performance in every possible benchmarks and even faster app launch? Im a performance enthusiast therefore i really want the best in terms of processing power+plus screen. Battery life as long as it is +3000Amp battery im glad for it. Thank you all and reply :D

iPhone 6+ should easily exceed all your requirements. It's the fastest phone available, it has the best camera available, apps launch instantly, LTE is as fast as your carrier can manage. It has some of the highest scores in most benchmarks. Battery life is also great. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8554/the-iphone-6-review/5

iPhone 6+ should easily exceed all your requirements. It's the fastest phone available, it has the best camera available, apps launch instantly, LTE is as fast as your carrier can manage. It has some of the highest scores in most benchmarks. Battery life is also great. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8554/the-iphone-6-review/5

Well..... thank you, but ill pass.. Iphone 6 and even Iphone 6 Plus hardly can stay par on par with the Note 4 as much as the Note Edge... The benchmarks (both camera and screen) prove its way better than iphone... If iphone 6 had a 16 Megapixel camera, a Quad Hd display and a quad-core id obviously get it+better battery life, but since its still too far away from being profitable and andvanced (slightly faster web and app launch) i dont want it as it is now.

Groomlake Authority

Can you get a Droid Turbo (verizon) / Moto Maxx (not really out yet)?

If the moto maxx was actually released in America, I'd probly get it over a note or nexus. 

The battery is something like 3900mAh. My S4's is 2600 for comparison.

That sounds epicly insteresting ^^, thank you ill check it out.

Groomlake Authority

Well..... thank you, but ill pass.. Iphone 6 and even Iphone 6 Plus hardly can stay par on par with the Note 4 as much as the Note Edge... The benchmarks (both camera and screen) prove its way better than iphone... If iphone 6 had a 16 Megapixel camera, a Quad Hd display and a quad-core id obviously get it+better battery life, but since its still too far away from being profitable and andvanced (slightly faster web and app launch) i dont want it as it is now.

Higher megapixel count does not make it a better camera- people that own DSLR's would know. As for the quad core, it's the same situation as Intel dual core vs AMD quad core- Apple's A8 is faster than any quad core available. Battery capacity isn't indicative of battery life, evident from the Droid Turbo's poor showing and the great showing from iPhones as well as the HTC One M8 (iirc it had a smaller battery than the GS5 but had better battery life).