Does AT&T Care About CM?

xNeon

I'm about to put CyanogenMod on my HTC one M7. Will I still be able to trade it in for an upgrade or other things? Will installing a custom ROM or rooting void anything?

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

I'm about to put CyanogenMod on my HTC one M7. Will I still be able to trade it in for an upgrade or other things? Will installing a custom ROM or rooting void anything?

Yeah it will void warranty. But I traded in my Xperia Z with a custom ROM to T-Mobile and they didn't care. Your mileage may vary.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Yeah it will void warranty. But I traded in my Xperia Z with a custom ROM to T-Mobile and they didn't care. Your mileage may vary.

So that just means I can't take it back if I break it on the software side (they probably wouldn't know if the hardware broke) right? Would you say it's pretty safe to install it?

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

So that just means I can't take it back if I break it on the software side (they probably wouldn't know if the hardware broke) right? Would you say it's pretty safe to install it?

If you're careful then yes. HTC doesn't care if you root if you only damage the hardware, from what I've heard. But AT&T might not like it, just be careful and you should be fine. You can always revert to stock if you need to trade it or something.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Even if you do it, there are ways of reversing the modifications. Check this guide out; keep in mind though, it might be outdated.

Mini-ITX Build (unnamed)

Case: SilverStone SG07B-W Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-I CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K GPU: Integrated HD 3000 Cooler: Stock RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX600 Keyboard: Cheap Dell Keyboard (although has withstood 8 years of use) Mouse: Logitech G300 Headset: Logitech H110 OS: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) 

Phone: HTC One (m7) running ViperOne 8.0.0 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop)