AC4 Freezing a lot (not responding in task manager) Help please

TTesla
Go to solution Solved by Hirad123,

Run your card at stock for a bit and see if it stops.

Hello,

Even though I have the newest drivers and a pretty good Nvidia OC'd graphics card, AC4 freezes sometimes and would show up as not responding in task manager. the audio would keep going, but the game freezes, when I try to alt-tab my mouse does not show up so I have to ctrl alt delete and use the keyboard in task manager to end task.  Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks

PS: this tends to happen every like 20-30 min and most of the time during an intense sequence or right after.

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I thought so too let me try it and get back to you

in the mean time other suggestions are welcome in case this doesn't work

Thanks!

I thought so too let me try it and get back to you

in the mean time other suggestions are welcome in case this doesn't work

Thanks!

Did it work?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Did it work?

Yes. Thank you IDK how I did not try that before bugging you, I knew that ocing can reduce the stability...

Thank you

Yes. Thank you IDK how I did not try that before bugging you, I knew that ocing can reduce the stability...

Thank you

Yeah one game can run fine on an OC but it can make another crash.