Prices in Singapore

Hey! 
A general discussion on prices in Singapore - do any Singaporeans feel that the prices here are massively inflated? You can get stuff from Amazon and ship it to Singapore for cheaper than buying it online here. Even if you have to pay for shipping, it's cheaper from the US, and you get all sorts of free deals that you don't get. (e.g. the Never Settle bundle).

Case in Point: Pebble Smartwatch on Amazon: USD100 (SGD135)

Pebble Smartwatch in Singapore (qoo10.sg) : SGD220

Conversion rate: USD1:SGD1.35 (about there)

Are there some really good places I'm missing out on? I intend to bring my computer build to Sim Lim and ask if they can match them - if they can't, I'm going to Amazon everything over here.

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

SIngapore is an extremely expensive place to live in the world, so high prices are to be expected. I live in Australia, so I pay about the same as you, but we do get paid more than the rest of the world. 

Fellow Singaporean here.. I agree but vpost and shipping is a hassle... although I found case prices to be quite reasonable in Singapore but thats about it

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Sometimes my dad cries when he buys things from simlim like his recent Asus X99  build it cost near $5000 (not $4000) if you ordered the parts via amazon he could have saved $900 +

Sometimes my dad cries when he buys things from simlim like his recent Asus X99  build it cost near $5000 (not $4000) if you ordered the parts via amazon he could have saved $900 +

I'm not sure if I'll like going to Sim Lim anymore, seeing the recent scandals. They try to make up for the cost by building it for you, but for me that's a minus. (They kena did that to my friend - he wanted to build, but they offered and his dad said yes)

Are there other options for shipping motherboards? I can't find anything on Amazon. 

On another note, man. $5000 is a lot to spend on a PC, even in Singapore.

Do you build your PCs from Sim Lim?

Fellow Singaporean here.. I agree but vpost and shipping is a hassle... although I found case prices to be quite reasonable in Singapore but thats about it

Awesome! Cases are rather limited in choice, though. My friend got the N200 for $100, but I find that to be rather expensive. I'm looking for the 230T, so I'm hoping it'll be popular enough to be featured over here.

AMD CPUs and Motherboards are also in short supply :/

I'm wanting to get the 8350 with an R9 290, but I think I'll end up getting it from the US, since there's the Never Settle Forever deal.

You don't need to use vPost for anything other than your Motherboard! You can quite easily get free shipping from Amazon, but anything over $400 will be applicable for GST >< (7% * 400 = at least $30 if not more)

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

I'm not sure if I'll like going to Sim Lim anymore, seeing the recent scandals. They try to make up for the cost by building it for you, but for me that's a minus. (They kena did that to my friend - he wanted to build, but they offered and his dad said yes)

Are there other options for shipping motherboards? I can't find anything on Amazon. 

Awesome! Cases are rather limited in choice, though. My friend got the N200 for $100, but I find that to be rather expensive. I'm looking for the 230T, so I'm hoping it'll be popular enough to be featured over here.

I'm wanting to get the 8350 with an R9 290, but I think I'll end up getting it from the US, since there's the Never Settle Forever deal.

You don't need to use vPost for anything other than your Motherboard! You can quite easily get free shipping from Amazon, but anything over $400 will be applicable for GST >< (7% * 400 = at least $30 if not more)

My dad ses that PC for his work and gaming aand he still complains it's not fast enough we got the parts from simlim but put it together ourself

My dad ses that PC for his work and gaming aand he still complains it's not fast enough we got the parts from simlim but put it together ourself

What kind of gaming does he do?

What GPU does he use? In a 5K rig I don't think he skimped on anything, but it could be the GPU/He didn't OC anything

You interested in ordering anything from the US? I'm going to be doing that soon, and Amazon has a $125 minimum sum for free shipping so you could tag your stuff with mine

Yeah... especially the vietnamese one with the $1500 iphone.

Never settle can redeem in Singapore meh? No country restriction ah? Also, there is 230T in Singapore http://www.sgpcmart.com/pc-casings/corsair-graphite-230t-orange Only in orange though but its still available. Also, all the things here after I changed from SGD to USD is about only 100 dollars difference from Amazon. I don't know if its trustworthy though... It also got free delivery around Singapore

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

SIngapore is an extremely expensive place to live in the world, so high prices are to be expected. I live in Australia, so I pay about the same as you, but we do get paid more than the rest of the world. 

I wouldn't say that Singapore is that expensive of a place to live at least i my opinion.. the only fucked up thing is the car prices and oil prices but other than that its fine imo

ASUS ROG G75VX

Yeah... especially the vietnamese one with the $1500 iphone.

Never settle can redeem in Singapore meh? No country restriction ah? Also, there is 230T in Singapore http://www.sgpcmart.com/pc-casings/corsair-graphite-230t-orange Only in orange though but its still available. Also, all the things here after I changed from SGD to USD is about only 100 dollars difference from Amazon. I don't know if its trustworthy though... It also got free delivery around Singapore

Lol yeah that was really screwed up. Luckily the guy got what was coming to him. I hope he doesn't set up shop somewhere else though. Only the first floor is shit, right? The rest is okay... Also if you know what you're doing you won't kena scam

I think so, if not you can just ask someone in the US to help you redeem what. 

The 230T not bad - 10% over USA only, but no AMD CPU. I think I'll draw up a list of stuff I want to get and bring it to Sim Lim. 

The only problems with the US are that warranty will be hell and you kena GST if you go over $400