Will the Corsair h75 do?

Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

I was actually just looking at the H105. I think thats what im going for. Just as easy to set up as the h75, right? Just a little bigger, but I have he space. I need to ask tho. Is 10C alot in difference? I live in a country that uses Celsius, but is it alot when it commes to computer cooling? I ask because my little Intel stock fan keeps the CPU at about 75C(at hevy gaming) and I have seen bechmarks saying that the H105 keeps the CPU at about 65C. This might be bechmarks made to make the CPU overheat tho.

Yea, those are benchmarks made to make the CPU overheat, and that is with an overclock, which means additional voltage.  75C while gaming on the stock cooler is right at the limit I'd say.  85C and lower is what is considered safe for 24/7 operation.

Definitely buy the H105 if you have room, it is widely considered one of the best CPU Coolers.  You will probably experience performance gains closer to 25C when it comes to gaming.  On a stock 4770, I would be surprised if any game you played is capable of pushing the temperature over 55C, but for the most part, you shouldn't even hit 50C.

Installation is a breeze.

I have a i7-4770 and dual sli msi twn frozer 760s. I'm not planing on overclocking, just gaming. Do you think the H75 will do? If not pleas tell me if any other Corsair or Coolermaster products would be better.

It will do but if your case has the space and you are not worried about looks then go for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Best cooler for the buck

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

can you afford a H80i?

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

It will do but if your case has the space and you are not worried about looks then go for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Best cooler for the buck

I have the space, but im worried about looks xD

can you afford a H80i?

I can aford it, but why would I get the h80i when the price difference is so small between the h80i and h100i. I also like how easy the mounting on the h75 is.

I can aford it, but why would I get the h80i when the price difference is so small between the h80i and h100i. I also like how easy the mounting on the h75 is.

Then you take the h75 easy enough. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I have a i7-4770 and dual sli msi twn frozer 760s. I'm not planing on overclocking, just gaming. Do you think the H75 will do? If not pleas tell me if any other Corsair or Coolermaster products would be better.

Avoid a 120/140mm AIO for a CPU.  They are more expensive, and don't perform as well as their air cooling counterparts.  If you want water cooling, a 240mm AIO is the minimum you should be looking at, otherwise, stick to air.

Cooler Master Seidon 240M

Cooler Master Nepton 240M

Corsair H105

Corsair H110

Avoid the Corsair H100i, it has a bad problem with mounting, pump noise, and software.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Avoid a 120/140mm AIO for a CPU.  They are more expensive, and don't perform as well as their air cooling counterparts.  If you want water cooling, a 240mm AIO is the minimum you should be looking at, otherwise, stick to air.

Cooler Master Seidon 240M

Cooler Master Nepton 240M

Corsair H105

Corsair H110

Avoid the Corsair H100i, it has a bad problem with mounting, pump noise, and software.

I was actually just looking at the H105. I think thats what im going for. Just as easy to set up as the h75, right? Just a little bigger, but I have he space. I need to ask tho. Is 10C alot in difference? I live in a country that uses Celsius, but is it alot when it commes to computer cooling? I ask because my little Intel stock fan keeps the CPU at about 75C(at hevy gaming) and I have seen bechmarks saying that the H105 keeps the CPU at about 65C. This might be bechmarks made to make the CPU overheat tho.

Yea, those are benchmarks made to make the CPU overheat, and that is with an overclock, which means additional voltage.  75C while gaming on the stock cooler is right at the limit I'd say.  85C and lower is what is considered safe for 24/7 operation.

Definitely buy the H105 if you have room, it is widely considered one of the best CPU Coolers.  You will probably experience performance gains closer to 25C when it comes to gaming.  On a stock 4770, I would be surprised if any game you played is capable of pushing the temperature over 55C, but for the most part, you shouldn't even hit 50C.

Installation is a breeze.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."