Will H80i fit LGA 2011-v3?

It doesn't list LGA 2011-v3 under the coolers compatibility section, but I thought I read somewhere that it would still fit.

Been around since the beginning of LTT & the forums, but mostly just lurk!

The socket mount is physically the same so it'll fit but the H80i doesn't perform all that great especially paired with a high wattage CPU, I'd go for a NH-D15 or a H100i/X61 if you want to go the AIO route.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Is the default back bracket removable (guessing the bracket is the same amongst other x99 boards)? Because I'm sitting here with an MSI X99-s and the double sided screws are too small for the included bracket.

Is the default back bracket removable (guessing the bracket is the same amongst other x99 boards)? Because I'm sitting here with an MSI X99-s and the double sided screws are too small for the included bracket.

There should be a separate bag of stud for the 2011 socket. One set has a fine 3mm metric thread the other should be close to 3/16 imperial thread with the 3 mm on the other end.

post-83311-0-57499500-1415249366_thumb.j

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Well..crap. My H80i box is 5 hours away. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to Microcenter tomorrow for a new cooler lol