Water Cooling Advice/Help needed please

Harbz

Hi guys i have done some research and i have a list of parts, but im not too sure i am making the right choice.

List

Case - Corsair 900D or NZXT 810 <-- Depends on how much money i have at the time of release of the 900D, i heard its going to be around the £300 mark, so should be ok, if its not then ill buy the NZXT 810 :D

Pump and Res Combo - Either XSPC D5 Dual Bay or XSPC Twin D5, not too sure which one yet, although im thinking the single one will be more than powerful :D

CPU Block - XSPC RayStorm Waterblock

Rads - XSPC RX Series 360mm and 480mm for Corsair 900D or if i get NZXT 810 then XSPC RX Series 360mm and 240mm <--- RX Series as its the 60mm thick rad series :D

GPU Blocks - x2 XSPC Razor GTX 680 Full Cover : RayStorm Style

GPU SLi - XSPC Razor SLi Flow Bridge

Tubing - XSPC 7/16" ID UV Blue Tubing : 2 meters

Fittings - 12 Straight Compression Fittings, and 4 90Degree Compression Fittings

Fluid - Mayhems Pure H20 with a Steel Kill Coil

Fan Control - Scythe Kaze Master Pro <--- can i connect like two fans to one fan header on this? If i can then this is fine if not then any suggestions for replacements ?

Fans - All Noctua NF-F12 will be but into this case :D

Thats all, hope i havent missed anything out

My PC Specs - i7 930

Gigabyte X58-UD3R

Corsair XMS 3 12GB 1600

x2 GTX 670 FTW

Corsair AX 1200<--- Changing this to a Seasonic Platinum 1000W PSU :)

Any advice on the parts selected would be appreciated :D

Since all the cooling products are a matter of personal preference, i can really only talk about case. If your money is short on the 900D, get the 800D. Atleast that was what i would, but again a personal preference.

Also fan control... If you are going to use it, get it. But seriously think about if you are going to tweak on it? Most peps are not. But again its totally up to you if you want this service. Personally i would just undern voltage the fans ( get the connections for like 2 USD on ebay ) and have them run at super lop RPM, or just leave them at stock speed for performance.

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

I could that, but i guessed that the 800D wouldnt have dropped much in price, but i can look into that : D, also as for under volting the fans rather than using a controller, i wanted to do that, but then if i wanted to run them faster or slower i wont be able to :(, But would you suggest this if i did end up using the under volting method - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-108-BX

Would this do the trick??

That looks pretty good but there's a couple of tweaks that I would make if it was my build. A single pump should be more than enough, save some money and go with a single D5 res. A 360 and a 480 is overkill for that setup. If you want it a bit quieter, go with a 360 and a 240 and you'll also save some money on fans.

Apparently the tubing that you're talking about is clear under normal light but blue under UV light from what I've seen so you'll also need a UV light if you haven't got one already. If you want tubing that's always blue and glows under UV light, try Primochill UV Blue tubing http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_853&products_id=19297

To answer your question about the two fans to one header: yes you can connect two fans to one header with something like this http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_1344&products_id=17917.

I can't really comment on the blocks as most blocks only differ by a couple of degrees. Just get the ones you like the look of the most. And make sure you get the right size fittings for your tubing.

Thanks, yeah i was also thinking it maybe overkill, but i prefer to be on the safer side of things, if that makes any sense lol, but yeah ill look into that. The tubing i have chosen is Blue/UV Blue therefore with no lights its always blue :), and i have some UV Cathodes laying around somewhere, hopefully they are still working :).

Single Pump vs Dual Pump, yeah thats what my original plan was :D, stick with the single coz its a BEAST :D

Fittings are the correct size, but im not sure what brand/make to go with, im thinking just stick with XSPC :D

Thanks The_Devil52 and Zahilo for your help :):)

Thanks, yeah i was also thinking it maybe overkill, but i prefer to be on the safer side of things, if that makes any sense lol, but yeah ill look into that. The tubing i have chosen is Blue/UV Blue therefore with no lights its always blue :), and i have some UV Cathodes laying around somewhere, hopefully they are still working :).

Single Pump vs Dual Pump, yeah thats what my original plan was :D, stick with the single coz its a BEAST :D

Fittings are the correct size, but im not sure what brand/make to go with, im thinking just stick with XSPC :D

Thanks The_Devil52 and Zahilo for your help :):)

No worries mate. I always like to help a fellow water cooler out :D

I would advise to use 3/8 1/2 tobing as it is the most common and in most case the waterblocks are what restrict the water, not tubing.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Whats the difference ? 3/8 is smaller, so i guess 7/16 is ok for the parts i have :)

Whats the difference ? 3/8 is smaller' date=' so i guess 7/16 is ok for the parts i have :)[/quote']

I've used 7/16 in my rig and I really like that size. But you need to be aware of the pros and cons.

Pros :

• Can bend easily without kinking.
  • Can be routed pretty much everywhere because it's not too big.
  • Basically a good middle ground between having a flexible cable but still having a good water flow (compared to 3/8 and 1/2).
  • Very tight (good seal) when using compression fittings.

Cons :

• Availability (more difficult to find and usually not as many choices of colors / UV).
  • Can be a bit tough to insert the tubing into the compression fittings.

7/16 also has the issue of not having 45 degree compression fittings from every supplier. But it is what I use and I just have 45 rotary fitting then a standard compression sitting.. works. :)

That fan controller - only support 12W per channel - so two yes, maybe three fans at total. But, be aware, some fans do not run well on FC's, motor whine.

With those large rads, you will easily be able to keep temps down with the fans under volted. And typically Noctua includes their LNA adapters with fans....

All my fittings are XSPX and BitPower. Don't forget, lots of coolant for your initial fill, will need maybe 1200+ml...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

The 900D is on preorder at SpecialTech for £289.99, so you're good :)

corsair cases are awesome, (use a 600t at work) but i would actually recommend the switch 810 for watercooling as its got alot more rad space. a 360 and a 240 will be PLENTY of rad space. XSPC are a good make of block.

as for tubing, unless you've got such a packed loop you are trying to salvage every available gpm, then just use whichever you think looks best. as someone else said, blocks are the big restriction.

other than that, you seem to have done a good job research wise and not much more too add.

and the 900D is the most amazing thing i've ever seen, but its gonna be overkill and a waste for your requirements. save the money and buy more SSDs xD

Thats sounds great BCMods , BTW my mate told me about you when he was here yesterday :D, he said you are helping him with his Water Cooling build :D:D... He told me to tell you that hes defo buying a 900D, and therefore im buying his NZXT 810 case :)... OO and thanks for the heads up on the price :). Id think about upgrading to a 900D, later down the line when i do a Full System Upgrade :)

Thanks for the advice YowZman, May i ask what case you are using ?