Bay res in rotated 5.25" bay?

Nathan

Looking at my options for a custom loop in my air 540, would a dual 5.25" bay res be out of question because of how they are rotated 90 degrees on this case? or should it be fine

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner

Depends on the reservoir honestly, as long as the pump gets coolant, it should be fine I think

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only learning about WCing

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Depends on the reservoir honestly, as long as the pump gets coolant, it should be fine I think

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only learning about WCing

thats what i was thinking, aslong as the coolant is getting in, and coming out, it should be okay? Curious if there might be a negative effect on the flow of coolant if its rotated

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

OnePlus One owner

thats what i was thinking, aslong as the coolant is getting in, and coming out, it should be okay? Curious if there might be a negative effect on the flow of coolant if its rotated

There shouldn't be a notable decrease, but if the coolant is flowing in above the waterline, it'll be louder

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

There shouldn't be a notable decrease, but if the coolant is flowing in above the waterline, it'll be louder

righttt, is there any harm with filling a res more than "max" (some bay res' will have a max line that you should fill to)? if its rotated 90degrees, depending on the res the inlet might not reach the waterline

OnePlus One owner

righttt, is there any harm with filling a res more than "max" (some bay res' will have a max line that you should fill to)? if its rotated 90degrees, depending on the res the inlet might not reach the waterline

Honestly I don't know, ask @Ghost , he's good with watercooling and has the experience I don't have, he'll probably know 

You may want to get an internal reseviour just to be safe.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Depends on the res. All of the ones I can think of will work fine on their side (although some will have a specific side they will work on). The writing on some reservoirs may be on its side though, something you should consider if that going to bug you.

Could you link to the one you were considering?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.