What mobile phone device should I buy?

I have put off upgrading my portable tech for a long time now so I guess I should be asking this,

What do I replace my SA2315/55 GoGear Phillips 1GB MP3 player and my Nokia 1100.

Don't worry I don't need help, I have a badass PC to make up for these short-commings.

The mp3 player has been great over the years I have had it but recently it has been playing up (ha! get it?) and probably needs replacing, but there are several things about it that I like that I am not sure other products have:

It runs on AAA batteries (being able to replace the battery while I am on the go has been invaluable, I can take multiple batteries on bush walks or to work etc)

The battery actually lasts for a while (As it has a non-colour display it is very energy efficient and lasts for at least 5 days, so while two batteries take 36 hours to charge I can still use a third, as I listen to this thing ALOT)

It uses a 3.5mm jack (using nice headphones is possible)

The phone was a hand me down from my parents years ago. It calls. Its texts. That is about it. The best things about it are:

Battery life. (1.5 Weeks on average. Most devices nowadays only last a single day before you need to charge it. I understand this is commonplace and I don't mind getting used to this)

Rugged as f#&k. (The only thing capable of taking out a Nokia... is another Nokia)

Nothing else really.

Needs:

Ideally i'd like to be able to check emails,

have high capacity up-gradable storage options for music,

A 3.5mm audio jack for my headphones

Replaceable battery or power-bank compatability

I would like to keep the cost down but will save more if the device is worth it.

So in conclusion:

Is there a single device on the market that encompasses all or most of the good things about my old tech with the addition of some new features?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Tim

post-18950-0-06474400-1415027150.jpg

post-18950-0-12434100-1415027151.jpg

Um I personally will highly recommend the Galaxy S4 and S5. The S5 is more rugged and will be able to take more of a beating, but is much more expensive than the S4. The S4 isn't exactly on the 'leading edge of technology' but I am using one right now and honestly I can say it works great for me and is much cheaper than an S5.

Edit: should also mention I actually don't know of a phone now days with a 3.5mm audio jack, but you can always just get an adapter :)

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

HTC one (M8), there are loads of battery packs on the market, a few linus videos on it, overall though price range and country has alot to do with it.

Motorola Moto G, it is an excellent budget phone. Linus and MKBHD have great video reviews of it.

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU