Share your "how the hell did /THAT/ cause my screen to crack" accidents

s4spencer

Just asking around the few people you meet day to day can result in some pretty funny and ridiculous stories. Anyone here have one?

My first and so far only smartphone (s3) cracked inside an otterbox case. The inner plastic shell was broken and created a pressure point which shattered the screen after I placed a box of chips (~0.5kg) on top of it while the phone was vertical

A few years back, while I was still in school, I had a six hour gap between classes, but an hour-and-a-half drive from school to home, so I just stayed on campus, often times just taking a nap in the car or doing homework in the library. one day, while sitting in my car, I was on my phone using Blackboard, and the top corner of my phone just cracked. it wasn't dropped, it wasn't under no visible pressure... it simply just... cracked, right there... in front of my eyes.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Dropped my Galaxy Nexus on a smooth marble floor and it cracked. Not super exciting right? Well upon further inspection it appeared that an area in the middle of the phone had been struck with no cracking on the edges, even though it fell on a smooth surface where it couldn't have taken damage directly to the middle of the screen...

I have dropped my phone more times then I want to admit, never cracked a display before. It's quite odd.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I have dropped my phone more times then I want to admit, never cracked a display before. It's quite odd.

Luck seems to have everything to do with phone screens. I've seen phones that have sharpened, flat edges and the original screen intact. Other times a drop onto a carpet flat on its back shatters a screen.

I usually drive with my phone in my lap. I forget it's there every single time...

I get out and it smacks against textured concrete. Optimus F5 it's like a Nokia

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Had an Galaxy S3, I abused the living crap out of it throwing and dropping it but never once cracked...until one time I was running and the phone slipped out of my pocket, dropped on concrete and it hit right above my volume rockers (button) and it didn't crack the glass, it cracked the screen underneath the glass ruining the digitizer and screen.

Nexus 4 was my upgrade from my horribly ruined S3, dropped it three weeks ago on the back, didn't break the back but instead cracked 2/3 of the glass in the front (ruining 2/3 of the digitizer) and only the top portion of the digitizer function. So about two weeks, I have been using a phone upside down alongside of voice commands...

Well,  dropped my Nexus 4 and it hit the corner of a table and the screen cracked. Sounds normal right?

But I saw it hit the table at the centre of the screen, and it cracked in the top right corner, just above the front facing camera.  

Geek and Subie Fan

I accidentally dropped a table lamp onto the screen my Nokia 6270... Intstant crack...

There's also my Touchmate 7" Tablet (a crappy product. nobody buy it) which I dropped from less than three feet... Cracked digitizer... Almost worthless if I didn't have a mouse and an OTG adapter on me..