MSI GTX680 Lightning Overclock

iWingers

Anybody with a 680 Lightning care to share some overclocking screenshots with your Afterburner (on 2.2.3 or 2.3.0) showing.

I've got an unlocked LN2 (the one that triple overvolts) without having to flash the BIOS, and was just wondering how high can I get it for stable gaming, and not benchmarking while on Twin Frozr IV cooler.

I have the same card and found this article to be quite helpful...I'm going to be trying the similar settings but with a slightly lower clock offset (about +180mv)

Just push the core clock and then stress test, if it fails -> more voltage. And then repeat as long as the temperatures won't go too high (above 80C ish)

Just push the core clock and then stress test' date=' if it fails -> more voltage. And then repeat as long as the temperatures won't go too high (above 80C ish)[/quote']

Thanks, but I know the basics of overclocking, just wanted to see what people were doing with voltages on Auxiliary and Memory. I'm already aware some people are getting 1450/7200 with the LN2 BIOS already, but I just want to see what everyone else if running at.

I have launch models with the original LN2 bios

better card:

max o/c without extra volts ~1267mhz core 7300mem heaven 3.0 / whql306.23

max o/c with =93mv (max on stock AB 2.2.3) 1377mhzcore 7300mem heaven 3.0 / whql 306.23

on 310.xx I can't overclock at all with system hard-locking.

Average lightnings. Meh. I barely o/c anymore unless I'm playing a demanding game @ 3x1080p and generally then I just set them both to 1337 core, 7200 mem. The mem o/c is more useful for me.

Those were my o/cs on the air cooler but since moving to watercooling I haven't been able to bench higher due to nvidia's driver team being clowns. CBA to go back to old drivers etc.

edit: I leave the aux voltage alone because it never seemed to do anything. the 'good' card will do that mem o/c on stock mem volts, the other card needs a mem voltage bump.

Nice. I haven't noticed any locking on 310.xx, can still get a decent OC using AB 2.3.0. For benchmarks I can push the voltage to +100mv (some people are getting +150mv with AM)

Think I'll just leave the Aux alone, and haven't really noticed having to push the memory voltages either (got one of the 5000 cards, they seem to be decent) and since I'm only using air, I'll just leave memory where it is since I can still hit 7200+ without problems.

Sorry, by locking I meant that I can't overclock as high on 310.xx drivers and when using the LN2 bios I don't get a CTD when the overclock fails, just a hard-lock.

Do you have one of the original unlocked LN2 BIOS? Or did you do like others have, and flash the BIOS then install the original one that came on the first 5000 cards?

I have verrrry early cards. Got one on launch and the other a week later. Had to wait months for voltage control before nvidia removed it.