CPU Fan problem / Boot problem

Diffakoc

Hello linus community I have a problem in my new pc that I just build yesterday.

I am using Asus gryphon z87 motherboard on my intel core i5 4670k processor. And cooling it with a coolermaster hyper 212 evo cooler.

(I install first the cpu cooler with the stock fan and when I open my pc I just get an error "cpu fan error" when I enter in my bios and I check all my fans and run smoothly at 800-900 rpm,but cpu fan was runned at 400-500 rpm with red words.

After that I change the stock fan with a noctua nf12 pwm fan and get the same error at the same also rpm.

Also I have one more problem at boot priority I using an intel 520 ssd for boot and an western digital caviar blue as storage disk. I have set ssd as 1st boot priority,but when I am opening my computer it goes to bios and I need to press the ssd to login in windows.

Pls can you help me on that?

Thnx in advance!

The fan thing most likely you have it set to a slow speeds. Change it or set your BIOS to default or Optimal and restart

The boot issues. Did you have a system installed on the WD Blue before you bought the SSD? That's the issue. The boot Oder does not really matter. The BIOS will search all for a Boot record and give you options. You need to format the WD Blue (after saving the data) and then reconnect it.

If it does not boot at all after that. It because you installed Windows with both drive connected. ( You should disconnect all extra drive when installing windows) Windows will put the boot sector on the extra drive. So you may have both boot sectors on your WD blue.

So again boot order does not matter. Windows will search all drives for a MBR

Hi there Diffakoc, 

I am sorry for your difficulties. I support what @Jetster said about the cooling. This solution I found on another forum, accepted as a “Best answer” – “In BIOS there is an option asking whether or not to alert you if the fan is running slow. Since you are not using the stock cooler, BIOS thinks your fan is running too slow. If you are sure your fan is fine, disable this feature. You'll have to look through Bios for that option, won't take long.“

On the booting: When you installed the OS on the SSD, was the HDD attached also? It is quite possible that Windows put hidden system files on the hard drive. Or may be there was an OS there as well?  You can follow the advice of  Jetster on that too – back up the files,  reformat the HDD and transfer the data back on it from your backup. You can make this easy with a cloning software such as WD Acronis True Image, which is available for free from the WD site http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119. 

Hope this helps, 

Titania_WD