dual 7950 on a 500 watt?

Kyuubixchidori

whoops, its a raidmax scorpio. and thanks woodenmarker, appericate the advice so far. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156139

edit: in case its relevent, have 7 case fans, and a pci slot fan

The case doesn't have good airflow. I would suggest sticking to a single graphics card config. You might also want to invest in getting a ssd as it makes a world of difference in terms of user experience. You can generally find some decent 120GB drives for under ~$50 on eBay. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The case doesn't have good airflow. I would suggest sticking to a single graphics card config. You might also want to invest in getting a ssd as it makes a world of difference in terms of user experience. You can generally find some decent 120GB drives for under ~$50 on eBay. 

really? right now it has about 80-90 cfm of air going though it. can switch it to 120-130 cfm very easily if i need to, temps never break 60*C so thats why i considered crossfire. its not a huge deal, i can still almost max anything because my monitor is 1600x900. 

so upgrade path should be a ssd->powersupply->case->gpu? 

really? right now it has about 80-90 cfm of air going though it. can switch it to 120-130 cfm very easily if i need to, temps never break 60*C so thats why i considered crossfire. its not a huge deal, i can still almost max anything because my monitor is 1600x900. 

so upgrade path should be a ssd->powersupply->case->gpu? 

I'd suggest upgrading your monitor and ssd first and worry about anything else later. No point getting a more powerful system when what you're actually going to be staring at is your display. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'd suggest upgrading your monitor and ssd first and worry about anything else later. No point getting a more powerful system when what you're actually going to be staring at is your display. 

im going off to college in just under a year. I already have a i3 laptop which is good enough for everything but gaming. this PC will just be soley for gaming/media, so will live its life hooked up to a tv in a year.