paper clip method

Go to solution Solved by Hoppa,

EDIT

didn't fully ready OP lol

Short out on 24pin atx connector and use your molex to power pump

You can probably put paper clip in the psu where the green and black would connect to.

A fully modular PSU will only turn on when the green and black are connected, just like any other PSU.

Hi guys, this is a pretty straight forward question,

you know how when your filling up the reservoir you have to connect it to the pump and power supply and use a paper clip to short the 24pin connector blablablablabla?

do i still have to do this when the PSU is fully modular? Or i can just connect only the pump to power supply with one cable and then switch it on??

green wire to black wire.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

green wire to black wire.

i know but im asking, is this step necesarry if i have a modular power supply? cant i just not use the 24pin cable at all?

You obviously need to plug in the 24pin cable otherwise you have nothing to short out

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Hi guys, this is a pretty straight forward question,

you know how when your filling up the reservoir you have to connect it to the pump and power supply and use a paper clip to short the 24pin connector blablablablabla?

do i still have to do this when the PSU is fully modular? Or i can just connect only the pump to power supply with one cable and then switch it on??

Yes, you still have to jump the power supply even if its modular.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

Why bother when you can just use the PSU you already have?

Sometimes i just dont get the logic people use when dealing with trivial problems.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

EDIT

You can probably put paper clip in the psu where the green and black would connect to.

A fully modular PSU will only turn on when the green and black are connected, just like any other PSU.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Sometimes i just dont get the logic people use when dealing with trivial problems.

agree but op did ask and that would be a solution.

maybe their rig is built and doesn't want to take out the 24 pin (tight cable management) .

EDIT

Thankyou man.. this is exactly what i wanted to know :)

you dont have to be mean about it...

aaah this is the adapter linus reviewed in handy tech episode 5. this is actually a really cool adapter. thanks. i was wondering where i could get one of these.

Try and look up a wiring diagram of some sort like this one for your PSU.

https://www.moddiy.com/product_images/uploaded_images/corsair-ax1200i-psu-modular-cables-pinout.jpeg

OR

http://www.moddiy.com/pages/Corsair-PSU-Pinout.html

then match what wires you need to bridge (green/black) on the 24pin motherboard plug to 24pin plug on the PSU.

Hope I helped mate.