Most Cheap Hackintosh Possible?

Rheinwasser
Go to solution Solved by OLLYBOP7LIVE,

so would all intel cpus and gigabyte motherboard work?

and the palit gpu would work as well?

what about the g3258?

or xeons?

I would go for a Xeon E3 Series as you can get them with the same specs as an i7 for under £200 (Minus the IGPU and overclocking capabilities)

The Xeon E3-1230 v3 is a 4C 8T CPU like the i7. That only costs £191.95 over here in the UK. The cheapest i7 from the same retailer costs £227.66.

Considering the previously mentioned CPU is not Haswell Refresh it will work in the majority of boards without the need for a BIOS update.

The Gigabyte motherboards are better to use as they are more common, so if you find a problem you are more likely to find an answer.

Depending on what your friend plans to do in OS X You may find better use from the G3258, but keep in mind OS X is a productivity>gaming OS.

You will also get updates quicker and earlier than an AMD platform because a kernel doesn't need to be created/ported to the latest OS.

A friend of mine wants to build himself a hackintosh, what would be the cheapest rig he could build?

He has an FX CPU atm but isnt happy with the performance he is getting in OSX.

He does some light gaming (has a palit gtx 660 ti atm) and some light blender work.

He doesnt need a monitor or any other peripherals.

thanks for your recommendations!

If they keep their current but replace the Motherboard/CPU to a Gigabyte Motherboard and an Intel CPU they should be fine.

| i7 4790k | Noctua NH-D14 | Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI | 16GB HyperX Fury | 128GB Transcend SSD370 x2 | 512GB Transcend SSD370S x2 | Node 304 |

| AOC 2250 (1080p) | NS Optimum OEM Keyboard | Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse | Creative Inspire w/ JBL Control ONE |

If they keep their current but replace the Motherboard/CPU to a Gigabyte Motherboard and an Intel CPU they should be fine.

what about the g3258?

or xeons?

what about the g3258?

or xeons?

I would go for a Xeon E3 Series as you can get them with the same specs as an i7 for under £200 (Minus the IGPU and overclocking capabilities)

The Xeon E3-1230 v3 is a 4C 8T CPU like the i7. That only costs £191.95 over here in the UK. The cheapest i7 from the same retailer costs £227.66.

Considering the previously mentioned CPU is not Haswell Refresh it will work in the majority of boards without the need for a BIOS update.

The Gigabyte motherboards are better to use as they are more common, so if you find a problem you are more likely to find an answer.

Depending on what your friend plans to do in OS X You may find better use from the G3258, but keep in mind OS X is a productivity>gaming OS.

You will also get updates quicker and earlier than an AMD platform because a kernel doesn't need to be created/ported to the latest OS.

| i7 4790k | Noctua NH-D14 | Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI | 16GB HyperX Fury | 128GB Transcend SSD370 x2 | 512GB Transcend SSD370S x2 | Node 304 |

| AOC 2250 (1080p) | NS Optimum OEM Keyboard | Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse | Creative Inspire w/ JBL Control ONE |