How to improve [Build]

there HAS to be an h100i and there HAS to be the AMD FX-6300 and 970 

May I ask why?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Dunno, Just want that to be there :P 

much troller? what the fuck ram is that?! u.u

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Btw you should do @anyone'sname if you want them to get notifications. Or quote them. 

Anyways, a liquid cooler with a fx 6300 does not make any sense whatsoever. Ditch that SSD and get at least a 128gb one, get 8gbs of 1600mhz / 1866mhz ram, and get a locked i5 / B85 or H97 motherboard with a 212 evo 

edit : oops, quoted someone accidently, sry 

Well, you're trading performance for personal preference. You can do WAAAAY better than a FX-6300 if you put the price of the CPU cooler into the CPU itself and just settle for something like a CM Evo 212.

32gb SSD is way too small. At least get a 120gb

3 stick RAM kits are not suitable for your chipset (or really ANY chipset these days). Stick to 2 or 4.

For your Wi-Fi card, you can get a dual band for cheaper than that single band. Rosewill makes a very fairly priced one, I forget what it's called (something like the N600, not sure).

Well, you're trading performance for personal preference. You can do WAAAAY better than a FX-6300 if you put the price of the CPU cooler into the CPU itself and just settle for something like a CM Evo 212.

3 stick RAM kits are not suitable for your chipset (or really ANY chipset these days). Stick to 2 or 4.

For your Wi-Fi card, you can get a dual band for cheaper than that single band. Rosewill makes a very fairly priced one, I forget what it's called (something like the N600, not sure).

I actually forgot about the 32 GB SSD let me remove that

Also, wont the 6300 bottleneck the 970?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Also, wont the 6300 bottleneck the 970?

For the example, Overclocking is a factor and remember

For the example, Overclocking is a factor and rememver 

If there's a bottleneck at stock speeds, then its a bad choice IMO

For the money, you can have a MUCH better build. locked i5, good SSD, good wifi card

If there's a bottleneck at stock speeds, then its a bad choice IMO

Isnt 3.5GHz stock speeds for most CPU's anyways? I mean yes I could switch to a 4790k and drop 2 cores but add 2 threads and .5GHz and also add $200 to that 

Isnt 3.5GHz stock speeds for most CPU's anyways? I mean yes I could switch to a 4790k and drop 2 cores but add 2 threads and .5GHz and also add $200 to that 

no, 4690 with a H212Evo

The FX6300 is HORRIBLE. I would say equivalent to an i3. (core by core performance)

I would recommend getting a better motherboard in addition to what was recommended above me.  

Ok so what motherboard/brand would you recommend? 

no, 4690 with a H212Evo

The FX6300 is HORRIBLE. I would say equivalent to an i3. (core by core performance)

Ok seance I am unfamiliar with Core by core performance, What is it and is it something like Intel's Speed Step?

CPUs have two different measures of performance. There's the performance of a single threaded task (usually referred to as single core), and the performance of multi-threaded tasks. Most programs are only single threaded, and so can only run on a single core, making 5 of the FX-6300's cores completely pointless. There are some productivity programs that are multi-threaded that can run on all cores, like video editing and rendering software. Some modern games are beginning to be multi-threaded, but many games, almost all older games, can only really use 1-2 threads. Basically, the FX-6300 has really mediocre single threaded performance, but because it has so many cores it's great at multi-tasking (several programs running at once) and other multi-threaded jobs. While it's multi-threaded performance is rather high (way higher than any of Intel's offerings at the price range), many people can't take advantage of that and simply get poor results due to using largely single-threaded programs.

Every intel core processor, even the lowly Pentium G3258 is about 25-40% faster in single-threaded performance at stock clock speeds. All Intel CPUs actually largely have the same single threaded performance, and as you pay more you add on multi-threaded performance (general trend for desktop models, not a hard and fast rule). This is why they're strongly favored in gaming and other non-productivity use cases.

CPUs have two different measures of performance. There's the performance of a single threaded task (usually referred to as single core), and the performance of multi-threaded tasks. Most programs are only single threaded, and so can only run on a single core, making 5 of the FX-6300's cores completely pointless. There are some productivity programs that are multi-threaded that can run on all cores, like video editing and rendering software. Some modern games are beginning to be multi-threaded, but many games, almost all older games, can only really use 1-2 threads. Basically, the FX-6300 has really mediocre single threaded performance, but because it has so many cores it's great at multi-tasking (several programs running at once) and other multi-threaded jobs. While it's multi-threaded performance is rather high (way higher than any of Intel's offerings at the price range), many people can't take advantage of that and simply get poor results due to using largely single-threaded programs.

Every intel core processor, even the lowly Pentium G3258 is about 25-40% faster in single-threaded performance at stock clock speeds. All Intel CPUs actually largely have the same single threaded performance, and as you pay more you add on multi-threaded performance (general trend for desktop models, not a hard and fast rule). This is why they're strongly favored in gaming and other non-productivity use cases.

Thats why its perfect for me, I play games like Minecraft watch youtube and other misc activities. To sum it up I only play Single threaded games 

Then you want an Intel CPU. The FX-6300 sucks at single threaded tasks compared to Intel stuff.

Oh I get it now, But if I where to say buy a Intel Pentium G63 blabla bla would I be getting more "Bang for my buck"  with a Intel or AMD 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pFfTjX

there HAS to be an h100i and there HAS to be the AMD FX-6300 and 970 

triple channel ram is random , that board is the worst 990fx board ever made, change it to a gigabyte ud3 or asus m5 990fx pro or evo. a 32gb ssd will be really slow so a 120gb is minimum or 240gb is what i would recommend. other than that its fine. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Dont worry I will be switching to Intel as soon as I get the money. Nothing major just for maybe 3-5 months ill be keeping the mobo I also thought I dropped the SSD >.<

You can't use that MoBo with any Intel chip. It's a completely different socket and chipset. If you're on a budget, and don't do many multi-tasking or multi-threaded tasks, get a Pentium G3258. It's an amazing CPU for the price with ridiculously good single threaded performance that matches or beats basically every other CPU in existence, especially once overclocked which you can do thanks to its unlocked multiplier, but it only has 2 cores and does not support multithreading so it's multi-threaded performance is fairly poor. Plus you can overclock it on non-z chipset motherboards, so an h97 chipset board (for future proofing) and a G3258 CPU is a great budget option right now.

Again, let me reiterate that 3 stick RAM kits is really, really stupid. Stick to multiples of 2.

I do know that xD Im not a compete idiot I know that the Processor that I have in mind buying, The 4790k is a LGA2011 chipset * I belive* The only reason im not going to do the G3258 is because Im going to need more than 2 cores. And Im not going to buy an extra 4GB of ram that I wont use, Like right now for example Im using 5.68 GB's of ram only playing one game out of my 8 with 12 GB benefiting me| And it seemed to be a 50% 50% Split Good/Bad and I might just change the board because of the matter of some people saying it had trouble throttling at stock speeds so I might switch over to a different, So Recommendations in place

The list has been updated to user suggested Containing NO SSD and a New Mobo And 4x4 RAM

bump