solosdk
Go to solution Solved by FireFox,

Hello people

So basically I have a cheap-ish pc that i built a year ago

Main specs include AMD Phenom II X6 1045t processor

4gb ram

500gb hard drive

ASUS m5a-78l/usb3 mobo microatx

HIS Radeon 6870 IceQ (not IceQ X turbo edition)

Anyways, I mainly play TF2 and sometimes, only sometimes just do the occasional photoshop.

I would like an opinion...

Should I upgrade my system?

I don't know what to do as my computer is actually really good right now, doesn't freeze, plays games smoothly etc... I don't know if I should spend the money on an upgrade or just leave it as it is and save money. Is there a need to keep up-to-date with technology, with any benefits? 

Also could I get any suggestions for any good games that I could play? As i said before, I play TF2 only and im looking to play some other games

Thank you everyone

To be honest if the PC is perfectly fine for what you do then wouldn't bother, good video card, good CPU.

I'd save your money and maybe stick another 4GB of RAM and an SSD in your system, you should see a noticeable improvement.

Hello people

4gb ram

500gb hard drive

Anyways, I mainly play TF2 and sometimes, only sometimes just do the occasional photoshop.

I don't know what to do as my computer is actually really good right now, doesn't freeze, plays games smoothly etc... I don't know if I should spend the money on an upgrade or just leave it as it is and save money. Is there a need to keep up-to-date with technology, with any benefits? 

Also could I get any suggestions for any good games that I could play? As i said before, I play TF2 only and im looking to play some other games

Thank you everyone

Hello people

4gb ram

500gb hard drive

Thank you everyone

To be honest if the PC is perfectly fine for what you do then wouldn't bother, good video card, good CPU.

I'd save your money and maybe stick another 4GB of RAM and an SSD in your system, you should see a noticeable improvement.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Well, I think that an SSD would be your best bet considering your usage scenario. I think that is the only upgrade that you would really notice. 

Firefox is spot on with his suggestion. Since your system does everything you need it to do there is really no point in upgrading, his recommendations are good ones, just so ur system is a bit more snappy and allow you to do more multitasking with the extra ram

Hmm... he could probably get a nice additional monitor, or keyboard come to think about it...

Any game suggestions guys?

far cry 3 blood dragon is really good. you pay DLC price for a retail game.

I just replaced my old 19" "make-do" monitor/tv for a new 22" one btw :P

Any game suggestions guys?

I can't think of any but whatever you'll play, the 6870 will certainly do it justice, I've never owned one but I've played on one and they're pretty damn powerful.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I can't think of any but whatever you'll play, the 6870 will certainly do it justice, I've never owned one but I've played on one and they're pretty damn powerful.

I know xD TF2 plays at 100 FPS constant lol, just thinking of a game that I should play. Come to think of it, is BF3 any good? I actually have a copy when I initially built my PC but have not played it since then. Is it worth playing?

I know xD TF2 plays at 100 FPS constant lol, just thinking of a game that I should play. Come to think of it, is BF3 any good? I actually have a copy when I initially built my PC but have not played it since then. Is it worth playing?

I've not tried it yet but I think it's more demanding so it'll give your GPU and CPU a work out

Heheh, I've played BF3 pretty well on a system with a 550ti, which is a card that is less powerful than yours. Though if you're used to playing at 100fps you might have to lower the settings some.

Hmm... he could probably get a nice additional monitor, or keyboard come to think about it...

Sure could :)

as said above 4GB more ram and an SSD can't hurt.

some good games are

-Assassins creed brotherhood

-Age of Empires (the original one)

-Assassins creed 2

-Bioshock

-Bioshock Ifinite

-Call of Duty (original one)

-Crash Bandicoot [series] (use EPSXE to play it,make sure to have the game and a PS1)

-Crysis

-Crysis 3

-Final Fantasy 7

-Final Fantasy 7 Crysis Core

-Jak & Daxter [series]  (use PCSX2 to play it on PC,make sure to have a PS2 and the game) 

-Kingdom Hearts [series] (use PCSX2 to play it on PC,make sure to have a PS2 and the game) 

-Medal of Honor Warfighter (lots of bad reviews,but it's an amazing game with amazing graphics)

-Metro 2033 (play it in Russian,so much better)

all I can think of from the top of my head.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

• 2 weeks later...

as said above 4GB more ram and an SSD can't hurt.

some good games are

-Assassins creed brotherhood

-Age of Empires (the original one)

-Assassins creed 2

-Bioshock

-Bioshock Ifinite

-Call of Duty (original one)

-Crash Bandicoot [series] (use EPSXE to play it,make sure to have the game and a PS1)

-Crysis

-Crysis 3

-Final Fantasy 7

-Final Fantasy 7 Crysis Core

-Jak & Daxter [series]  (use PCSX2 to play it on PC,make sure to have a PS2 and the game) 

-Kingdom Hearts [series] (use PCSX2 to play it on PC,make sure to have a PS2 and the game) 

-Medal of Honor Warfighter (lots of bad reviews,but it's an amazing game with amazing graphics)

-Metro 2033 (play it in Russian,so much better)

all I can think of from the top of my head.

eww yuk crysis 3. lucky my 7950 came with and didn't make a mistake on buying it. crytek needs to learn that having good graphics is nice bu will not carry the game

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

buy a 8 or 16 GB 1600 kit, right now they're pretty cheap.

and a 840pro 128gb ssd will kick your pc up to rocket-speed.

the only thing is, in crysis 3 and metro last light at 1080p you'll have to use lowest settings to play it smoothly, crysis 2 medium and bf3 medium to low

2600k, HD6870, 16GB