PLS HELP

i was at my friends house today deleting some pop up programs hes downloaded and toolbars that he has after i was done neither google.com, yahoo.com, netflix.com worked. His little sister watches netflix quite a bit and i wasnt able to figure out how to get the sites to work. Every time i go to those sites it says page cant be displayed on both IE and chrome. I tried to reinstall chrome and update IE but i guess i didnt delete every pop up because i had to download chrome on my phone and install it from there cause i couldnt do it from IE because of all the pop ups i kept getting in my way. I also coudlnt do it from google because it wont display for me i tried to do a system restore but couldnt cause his C drive is somehow mess up and wouldnt let me. i would appreciate any at all help thank you

Avast and Malwarebytes

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Download adwcleaner and run it, here is the link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It needs a format and reinstall. But you can get the ie to work temporarily if delete all cashes and set it to defaults

Once that many malwares get in no program will completely remove them. But malwarebytes is a good program

i was at my friends house today deleting some pop up programs hes downloaded and toolbars that he has after i was done neither google.com, yahoo.com, netflix.com worked. His little sister watches netflix quite a bit and i wasnt able to figure out how to get the sites to work. Every time i go to those sites it says page cant be displayed on both IE and chrome. I tried to reinstall chrome and update IE but i guess i didnt delete every pop up because i had to download chrome on my phone and install it from there cause i couldnt do it from IE because of all the pop ups i kept getting in my way. I also coudlnt do it from google because it wont display for me i tried to do a system restore but couldnt cause his C drive is somehow mess up and wouldnt let me. i would appreciate any at all help thank you

ew.. doanlowd this and scan in to safemode, 1, malwarebytes, 2,hitmanpro, 3, spyboy. update them before scanning. IN TO SAFEMODE! :>

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

avast is a good free anti malware program 

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

Download adwcleaner and run it, here is the link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

this, adw cleaner should get rid of most of your problems. follow up with malwarebytes and spybot s&d

It needs a format and reinstall.

no, no it doesn't. holy crap im sick of hearing this nonsense. one little problem that could easily be fixed in under 30 minutes by MANUALLY deleting things, (not to mention the 5 minutes it would take to run adwcleaner and malwarebytes to do it automatically). and people instantly jump to OMG YOU HAVE TO FORMAT AND REINSTALL YOUR OS ITS TOO LATE TO FIX IT.   yes reinstalling at this point probably wouldn't hurt and may even be a good idea, but its NOT necesary and in my opinion should always be used as a last resort especially when there is an easy fix.

\rant

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

this, adw cleaner should get rid of most of your problems. follow up with malwarebytes and spybot s&d

no, no it doesn't. holy crap im sick of hearing this nonsense. one little problem that could easily be fixed in under 30 minutes by MANUALLY deleting things, (not to mention the 5 minutes it would take to run adwcleaner and malwarebytes to do it automatically). and people instantly jump to OMG YOU HAVE TO FORMAT AND REINSTALL YOUR OS ITS TOO LATE TO FIX IT.   yes reinstalling at this point probably wouldn't hurt and may even be a good idea, but its NOT necesary and in my opinion should always be used as a last resort especially when there is an easy fix.

\rant

Well, let me explain my nonsense. I deal with malware on a daily basis. Its probably the biggest complaint in the IBM PC world. Creators of malware have gotten pretty good and planting there software deep into your registry. Sure in some cases you/ I have spent 20 min goggled the step by step instructions for removal and the problem is done till the next time there kid clicks on that banner for a new flash game. But I have spent countless hours on a seek and destroy mission only to have a missed a command deep in the registry that reinstalls the program on a restart. On my machine I keep a complete back up and 20 min its formatted and installed just the way I like it. But most people don't do this. So it takes me about 90 min to backup, wipe, install and load. And the results are better. I didn't waste my time with programs that actually make things worse and add to the bloat. Not to mention people will mess with settings trying to guess on what to do and you have to fix this also.

Now if you find that you just clicked on the wrong thing. Run Malware bytes, spybot s&d or Antivirus and maybe you'll stop it before it gets too deep. But I still say format. You end up with a new system and you didn't waste time on a hope. It's the only way to be sure. Not to mention if you missed somthing and send them on threre  way then the problem continues. You look like you dont know what your doing. Format, format, format. /rant

But there is more than one way to fix a problem

-snip-

in some cases i completely agree. when you have a clean image on hand, then yea go ahead and reinstall, but most people dont have that, you'll be lucky if they have a backup at all. and if you wait until the issue is already there, half the time you end up backing up the malware too then you accomplished nothing but wasting your time. and sometimes yes, reinstalling is simply easier and hell, sometimes its faster too. and on my own computer i might even do it instead of spending time digging though the registry (well, not my computer, but on a family computer i will).  but i also keep a custom install disk with a fully up-to-date copy of windows with core programs preloaded on it(skype, steam, malwarebytes, etc). most people do not do this.

i just feel that as a suggestion to other people, it shouldn't be first on the list of things to do whenever there is a problem. not everybody has the same level of computer knowlage. i could tell my dad that he should just backup and reinstall windows. he'd be like 'umm k, can you do it for me'  or i can tell him to go to thie website, download these 3 programs and run them. its a lot easier to understand and followthrough with.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

ok thanks a lot for the responses what i took from this is download Avast and Malwarebytes and adwcleaner since he gets pop ups on his comp i would just have to download on mine and put em on usb and run them to clean out the crap thats on his comp but will google.com, yahoo.com, netflix.com work or is that another seperate problem? i live 40 mins from his house i just wouldnt want to go there and be unable to fix it i dont wanna pay out of my pocket to fix his comp for sometime that i could do with your guys help ofc thanks you

run lower level versions (i.e. Safe Mode versions) of any application you're planning on using if possible. less garbage will be loaded then, making it harder for things to escape.

better yet though, scan for the garbage on a different Operating System running, so that the drive you're scanning isn't active at all.

the less chance you give something the opportunity to escape if it's programmed more cleverly the better. less hassle.

still might need to delete some stuff manually though. hopefully not, that's not much fun.

Steam - taiiat

I went to my friends house I ran avast, adwcleaner, malwarebytes, and now the net doesn't work at all only works in safe mode and now I can't go to safe mode because it freezes once I do that anybody got ideas?

I went to my friends house I ran avast, adwcleaner, malwarebytes, and now the net doesn't work at all only works in safe mode and now I can't go to safe mode because it freezes once I do that anybody got ideas?

Yea, see my first post