Nexus 4 SMS not sending/being received

Carter

Hi guys, so I have a problem with my nexus 4 it's been happening for a while now. So what happens is intermittently I will send a text message and the person I send it to doesn't recieve it.

There doesn't appear to be a pattern to when it happens but when it does they don't send for several hours if at all, and the phone is like that for several hours where any messages sent are not recieved.

I don't know if this is caused by my N4 or my provider (virgin media (UK)). I spoke to them and they sent a new sim on Friday but this has made no difference. Hopefully someone has some ideas.

An interesting note is that I selected the devivery report option in the messages app settings and even messages that reports are supposedly recieved for aren't always recieved by the phone I am sending them to. The reports aren't always recieved and in these cases the messages have not been recieved. Thanks in advance for any help that would be much appreciated.

OnePlus 6T

Any ideas guys? I will only bump once. Thanks.

OnePlus 6T

Have you tried all the obvious stuff... like installing a different messaging app or factory resetting your phone?

Are you running a custom rom by any chance?