Astro a40 gen2

SilentGaming

just wondering are they any good?

Most people will say you are better off spending that same money on a standalone set of headphones and a standalone mic.(which is true)

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

As far as gaming headsets go Astro is basically the best. But as said above. A separate mic/headphones combo would be better

just wondering are they any good?

I've had the 2013 edition so it's not quite the same but they were okay. They're not the best headset like a lot of people make them out to be but they aren't bad. The mic quality was piss poor though.

I have a previous generation set of A40s (pre-2013 edition I think). I've been happy with the sound and the mic is good enough, but the real let down for me is the quality of the head band. You need to be gentle with it because the plastic is fairly brittle and one of the two plastic bands has broken for me. So in future I'll be going for something that's either truly flexible or very sturdy.