Computing/Networking Project Ideas?

RJSmith92

Hey All,

I'm currently in University and we have to do an 6 month project and I was wondering if you would be able to offer me some project ideas.

I'm studying Computer Networks (Bachelor's degree) so ideally it would be network related, but it can pretty much any area in computing, some ideas revolve around Software Defined Networking, Virtualization, Cloud Computing etc.

Those area are obviously very broad subjects and I need to pick a specific topic and come up with a question to investigate. It has been suggested that it is better to pick something specific and dig deep with it rather than picking a broad area and not going into much detail.

What big changes are happening in Computing/Networking that would be good to investigate?

All suggestions are welcome, please offer any ideas you have.   :) 

Kind Regards,

Robert

iscsi boot 

direct i/o gaming 

clustering 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Thin-client implementation for gaming purposes?

Much like in-home streaming, but with multiple users streaming multiple instances of a game from a single, very powerful computer...

Thin-client implementation for gaming purposes?

Much like in-home streaming, but with multiple users streaming multiple instances of a game from a single, very powerful computer...

I would say kinda ditch it and try to do something like virtualized environment for schools or workplace

So students would only have(+could only damage...) a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, no need for upgrading many many PC in a long time, no need for deploying OS images again and again to physical PC-s, easier controls... you get me

And it is more professional than gaming/general entertaining 

I would say kinda ditch it and try to do something like virtualized environment for schools or workplace

So students would only have(+could only damage...) a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, no need for upgrading many many PC in a long time, no need for deploying OS images again and again to physical PC-s, easier controls... you get me

And it is more professional than gaming/general entertaining 

^Do this^

A little piece of advice:

We tried it in my university for programming classes.... Someone messed up with the malloc() function and halted everyone's progress for the day...

Thanks for the suggestions.

It would be more of an investigation rather than creating anything though.