PSU Advice... PLS :)

Juliogol
Go to solution Solved by raultherabbit,

For that price you could have this:

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-80PLUS-Certified-220-G2-0750-XR/dp/B00IKDETOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413573113&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+g2+750 

So get that instead just by reviews and marks alone.  My $0.02.  Also, I own it and it's great!

Disregard that I totally didn't finish reading the post.  Unless your current power supply isn't working I wouldn't bother.  You're not going to get any better performance out of it.  If both power supplies are about the same age then you're looking at probably the same MTBF.

Hey guys!!

I am having a bit of trouble deciding between PSU, so I could definitively use your help.

Currently, and for about a year I've been using this PSE

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Silent-Pro-RS700-AMBAD3-US/dp/B001NJ0CZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413559338&sr=8-1&keywords=coolermaster+silent+pro+m700

Now, I have the opportunity to change it for a few bucks for this one

http://www.amazon.com/PRO650W-Edition-Bronze-Energy-Certified/dp/B00KY3DYP6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413559424&sr=8-2&keywords=xfx+pro+650w+core+edition+80%2B+bronze

Will making this change be worth it?

Here are my specs

Core i5 4690k (oc to 4.4 Ghz)

Sapphire Toxic r9 290

Samsung 250 GB SDD EVO

Two more hard drives

Cooler Master Hyper 212 cooler

LG BD Recorder 

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!!!

Knowledge don't take space. Don't know something? Just ask nicely!

Don't get that new one, it is not modular so your cable management will look horrible and make airflow worse

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

What is the motivation to change? Is the new PSU second-handed(I assume it is since you said only a few bucks) ?

Would you really need the change?

The psu you are changing for has the same amount of connectors, are you changing because you need more connectors?

Those are things you need to think about.

Also, if you want a new PSU, G2 series from EVGA is great if your concern is that your current PSU is borked/will break soon. However, if you have a great price on the psu you showed and don'T need the extra 50 watts from your current PSU, go for it. I would watch out however, if it is a secend-hand PSU, make sure you trust whoever is sending it over and ask them why they are getting rid of it.

benefits? not something worth the mention as they're both almost the same, but i would recommend xfx for PSU tho i believe they have quite better grade components (slightly better) , they get the psu & capacitors from seasonic i believe, the difference will be slight so it's your decision whether to buy or not.. :/

Details separate people.

What is the motivation to change? Is the new PSU second-handed(I assume it is since you said only a few bucks) ?

Would you really need the change?

The psu you are changing for has the same amount of connectors, are you changing because you need more connectors?

Those are things you need to think about.

Also, if you want a new PSU, G2 series from EVGA is great if your concern is that your current PSU is borked/will break soon. However, if you have a great price on the psu you showed and don'T need the extra 50 watts from your current PSU, go for it. I would watch out however, if it is a secend-hand PSU, make sure you trust whoever is sending it over and ask them why they are getting rid of it.

Yes, it is from my brother who took great care of it. And while I am more than fine with the one I have, I was wondering if it's a better PSU than the coolermaster one overall.

Knowledge don't take space. Don't know something? Just ask nicely!

Yes, it is from my brother who took great care of it. And while I am more than fine with the one I have, I was wondering if it's a better PSU than the coolermaster one overall.

I'm pretty sure it's a better overall, but if it's your brother's why not just borrow it for the long term?

Also, what @Tech_Dreamer said is what I heard too, there is no real advantage other than the components are better quality in the XFX one.

For that price you could have this:

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-80PLUS-Certified-220-G2-0750-XR/dp/B00IKDETOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413573113&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+g2+750 

So get that instead just by reviews and marks alone.  My $0.02.  Also, I own it and it's great!

Disregard that I totally didn't finish reading the post.  Unless your current power supply isn't working I wouldn't bother.  You're not going to get any better performance out of it.  If both power supplies are about the same age then you're looking at probably the same MTBF.