Is the EVGA 500W PSU enough for a FX-6300 and 270X Toxic?

AMDftw99
Go to solution Solved by Shroomster,

Yes.

Pretty self-explanatory title. 

PC Build:

FX-6300

Sapphire 270X Toxic

Hyper 212 Evo

Antex GX500B

8GB DDR3 RAM

Asrock 970 Extreme-4

1TB WD Blue

Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD

Wouldn't mind another PSU recomendation

500w is enough for pretty much any single gpu config :) also evga is great

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

According to this calc 

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

with extreme measures like 100% system utilization (cpu, gpu, drives, everything) and a few usb peripherals connected it sums up for a 445W minimum PSU.

This scenario would never happend in real life, but couldnt hurt. Over the time the capacitors will be older and maybe you will want to add or swap GPU or CPU and 500W isnt that much considering power hungry AMD parts.

I am a bit of a PSU overkiller but if you want to overclock a little bit you would be pushing your PSU utilization up to the 80 maybe even 90%  which is not always a happy solution.

I would suggest that when system load is at max. than the psu should be at max 70%  due to the efficiency and temps. Something like 600-650W whis is in this case little too much but - it will be more "futureproof", it will be more efficient (wont hurt your power bill that much :D) and it will be cooler and thus lasting longer.
Also if you have money for it, deffinitelly go with gold certification, if not Bronze is also quite good if you are on a thight budget. But remember, when a PSU goes wrong it could damage all other components.

Something like EVGA 600B wouldnt hurt but 500B will be ok if you want save some money.

Cooler master G500 or G600 looks good.

And if you are willing to spend more, something like Corsair RM650 or Fractal Tesla R2 650W they are not from the cheap ones :D but they are really good.

Lenovo E330 i5-3230M, 8GB RAM, 250GB Samsung msata SSD

mostly paired with LG 25UM55 ultrawide + 3TB WD Elements

Trackpoint rulezz!!