Computer Starting up Multiple times - Help!

Kayn

I recently just cleaned out my computer and moved some cables around. I've done this before and I have not had any problems until now. This time when I cleaned out my computer and plugged everything back in I was fine. Then I forgot to do something and had to open back up my case and did not touch the cables or anything. Now when I put my side panel back on and pressed the power button it would turn on and I can hear all of my fans ramp up to 100% and then stay on until I would have to physically to turn off the computer. After turning it off and then pressing the power button again it would do the same things. The third time it would not turn on at all. When I unplugged my cable for my side panel fan it then finally turned on. That was for one day.

The only thing that I have done was move my USB 3.0 cable and my 24pin motherboard cable to a different location. Just a quick unplug and replug after re-routing them.

The next time this happened was a couple of day when I turned on my computer and it would turn on but then turn off and then start back up and then back on for multiple times before it would boot up to the Windows logo. Now I went to go eat so I decided to let my computer go to sleep. When I came back to my computer to wake it up it would not wake up normally but turned on with fans at what sounds like 100% but then shuts off. This happened 3 times and then a windows message came on and said that there was an error when booting up the system and showed the speeds of my CPU and RAM and had three options for optimized settings. And now the session that I had before going to go eat said that there was an error and had a choice of trying to restore the session or just delete the session and start new. I then picked the option to delete the last session and now it booted up.

Once my computer actually starts up everything works fine, the only problem is when its first starting up.

I also experimeted with overclocking my GPU but did not move my voltage around just my core clock amd memory clock. As of now I have everthing to its stock clocks and hoeping that someone has an answer for me. I am actually scared to shut down my computer and start it back up because of this.

Day 1 - June 6th - Started up fine

Day 2 - June 7th - Started up fine

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Hi..sorry to hear you are having trouble..it sort of sounds like a power issue..this could be from a PSU failure or a case switch failure (either the PWR or the RESET)..OR...there is trouble with your PSU wires shorting out somewhere.Check that the 24 and the 4pin/8pin CPU plugs are seated ..pull them out and check that the wires have not backed out of the plug.Remove system fans from your MB one at a time..could be a fault in some of those cables as well.. 

.have a very careful look around your case. The last thing to check would be your PSU. If you have a spare one then swap it in and see if that makes a difference.

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Make sure your sata data and sata power cables are seated correctly on both ends, as well as 24pin, 8pin and pci... just all your cables :P also make sure there are also no breaks in the cables like it's bent to far and snapped, or something along those lines.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Hi..sorry to hear you are having trouble..it sort of sounds like a power issue..this could be from a PSU failure or a case switch failure (either the PWR or the RESET)..OR...there is trouble with your PSU wires shorting out somewhere.Check that the 24 and the 4pin/8pin CPU plugs are seated ..pull them out and check that the wires have not backed out of the plug.Remove system fans from your MB one at a time..could be a fault in some of those cables as well.. 

.have a very careful look around your case. The last thing to check would be your PSU. If you have a spare one then swap it in and see if that makes a difference.

Make sure your sata data and sata power cables are seated correctly on both ends, as well as 24pin, 8pin and pci... just all your cables :P also make sure there are also no breaks in the cables like it's bent to far and snapped, or something along those lines.

yeah last night I checked all my cables again and even checked if it was my GPU so i tested it out with my HD 7770 that I had. So far today it started up fine but ill keep updating this page for a couple of days to make sure. Thanks guys for helping.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360