Help desktop running slow

MountainPro

Hi everyone I in the past two days windows kept pushing updates and then my computer began to lag when I was looking at my desktop like everything was running at about 5fps and being generally slow and laggy. I have scanned for malware = nothing, I scanned for viruses = Nothing, CCcleaner = Done 

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me here

Specs.

I7-4770k 

GTX-780sc EVGA

ASUS ROG Maximus VI

32 GB RAM

750 Watt corsair IX

how many anti viruses and malware are you running

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

how many anti viruses and malware are you running

Just malware bites, and kasperky anti virus. BTW it gets worse when running my dual monitors. 

Just malware bites, and kasperky anti virus. BTW it gets worse when running my dual monitors. 

try just running malwarbytes and stop kapersky what ese is it used for

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

try just running malwarbytes and stop kapersky what ese is it used for

I only use it for weekly virus scans should I turn off real time protection?

try as it can slow down everything what else is running open task manager anything 50% or more

try as it can slow down everything what else is running open task manager anything 50% or more

That is what is strange at all times Task manager is only maxing out at 20%? And even with kaspersy off it is slow I have been running this setup for months now

That is what is strange at all times Task manager is only maxing out at 20%? And even with kaspersy off it is slow I have been running this setup for months now

did you try turning it on and off again?  :D lol and also please awnser the following -how old is your computer? -did you get it second hand? -did you build it yourself? When did you notice it starting to slow down? -is your computer noise all the time or just when playing games? can you check your temps when you are idel (not running anything) then when playing a game? -did you clean the computers insides of dust? sorry for the questions but if you answer them i will give you something that might help you fix the issue 

Could it be that I am running such a corrupted verison of this OS that it is causing issues? 

did you try turning it on and off again?  :D lol and also please awnser the following -hold old is your computer? -did you get it second hand? -did you build it yourself? When did you notice it starting to slow down? -is the computer making allot of noise? can you check your temps when you are idel (not running anything) then when playing a game? -did you clean the computers insides of dust? sorry for the questions but if you answer them i will give you something that might help you fix the issue 

1 year old, Built myself, Normal temps and no noise

1 year old, Built myself, Normal temps and no noise

is the computers inside clean? 

Squeaky :)

when did you last install windows? or your OS? 

when did you last install windows? or your OS? 

When I built the system with first OS 2 years ago

When I built the system with first OS 2 years ago

I would say a vary fast and effective way to see if its a hardware or a software issue, you should get your windows 7 installation CD and do a full re install of windows. you can backup photos songs ext but do not backup programs. Once you have a new windows installed used it as if it was never slow. if it is still slow it's a hardware issue that can be your CPU, GPU, RAM and so on tell me how it works out for you

I would say a vary fast and effective way to see if its a hardware or a software issue, you should get your windows 7 installation CD and do a full re install of windows. you can backup photos songs ext but do not backup programs. Once you have a new windows installed used it as if it was never slow. if it is still slow it's a hardware issue that can be your CPU, GPU, RAM and so on tell me how it works out for you

Thank you. I was trying to avoid that situation but now after doing a full re install everything is working perfectly and faster than ever. You were a huge help