Best £50ish headphones for office environment

BCMods
Go to solution Solved by theodoro,

How about the Creative Aurvana Live!   ?  They don't isolate that good and the cable is short, but the sound nice. 
Another suggestion are the  Philips Cityscape Uptown  with nice isolation and almost no sound leakage. The cable is also very short and the controls buttons are not great. 

Both headphones are very good. The Philips are more comfortable and have better isolation, but the creatives might sound better. 

Your options are great too.

Hi all,

I'm looking for a decent pair of closed back cans to use at work. I'm in an office with people sat either side of me so minimal sound leakage is a requirement.

I run Pioneer SE-A1000's at home with a FiiO E10 DAC and love them. I'd buy another set for work, however as they're open back they leak really badly.

These will be used for music only. I listen to a bit of everything, from rap to DnB and Indie :P

I don't really want to spend more than £50. Comfort (over ear, as opposed to on) is one of the top priorities.

List so far:

Audio-Technica ATH-M30X - £53.90 (OVER BUDGET)
Sennheiser HD419 - £39.95
AKG K512 MKII - £49.95

Any other suggestions?

Cheers!

EDIT: I'll be using onboard sound without an amp or DAC.

ATH-M20X?

How about the Creative Aurvana Live!   ?  They don't isolate that good and the cable is short, but the sound nice. 
Another suggestion are the  Philips Cityscape Uptown  with nice isolation and almost no sound leakage. The cable is also very short and the controls buttons are not great. 

Both headphones are very good. The Philips are more comfortable and have better isolation, but the creatives might sound better. 

Really like the look of the Philips. Short cables aren't an issue as I'll be plugging them into my keyboard (QPAD MK-85).

In terms of importance, comfort is probably on par with sound quality so the Philips seem to meet my needs well.

Really like the look of the Philips. Short cables aren't an issue as I'll be plugging them into my keyboard (QPAD MK-85).

In terms of importance, comfort is probably on par with sound quality so the Philips seem to meet my needs well.

Well, i think the philips are one of the most comfortable headphones in this budget, so that's a big plus.

By the way i  would suggest getting a jack extention instead of plug the headphones to the keyboard, because you might have noise and lower volume. :)

Well, i think the philips are one of the most comfortable headphones in this budget, so that's a big plus.

By the way i  would suggest getting a jack extention instead of plug the headphones to the keyboard, because you might have noise and lower volume. :)

It is a jack extension rather than an add-on to a USB hub. A 3.5mm goes into the back of the PC, along with a mic jack and they bth come out at the top of the board too. I wouldn't bother if it was one of the USB to 3.5mm adapters :P.

It is a jack extension rather than an add-on to a USB hub. A 3.5mm goes into the back of the PC, along with a mic jack and they bth come out at the top of the board too. I wouldn't bother if it was one of the USB to 3.5mm adapters :P.

Well i guess you know better :) Just if you have any noise it's probably because of the keyboard. If you usually don't have any noise, then you'll probably be fine :)

Well i guess you know better :) Just if you have any noise it's probably because of the keyboard. If you usually don't have any noise, then you'll probably be fine :)

Yeah, I'm currently using some crappy Skullcandy earbuds and they seem fine, although they're not very good to begin with...

I'll see how I get on.

Ordered the Philips for delivery tomorrow :)

Yeah, I'm currently using some crappy Skullcandy earbuds and they seem fine, although they're not very good to begin with...

I'll see how I get on.

Ordered the Philips for delivery tomorrow :)

I hope you'll like them!   I believe they will be perfect for you, at this price point :)