changing to SSD

hi im jau

Hi, planning to change to a ssd and put my os there, still think how but without removing my files in the hdd (removing my os in hdd) is there a way?

1. unplug hdd

2. plug in ssd

3. install windows on ssd

4. plug in hdd

5. Delete the folders "Windows" "Programs" "ProgramData" and "Program (x86)" on the hdd.

i am not a native speaker of the english language

[spoiler=My Rig: ]CPU: i7-3770k@Stock | Ram: 3x4GB@1600Mhz | Graka: 660TI@Stock | Storage: 250GB 840Evo, 1x1TB,2x2TB,2x640GB,1x500GB (JBOD) + NAS: DLINK DNS-320 2x3TB Raid1

As alluded to above, as long as you don't format the HDD during the Windows install process your data on it won't be touched. You don't really even have to remove the HDD from the machine as long as you can keep the drives straight in the installation process. But if you're nervous about it, removing the drive adds another layer of fool-proofing.

Naturally its always wise to have external backups of everything vital, just in case.

If you dont format the hdd at that time, when u are on the OS installed on the SSD, you wont be able to format the HDD, there will be a mechanism protecting the OS on the other system

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

1. unplug hdd

2. plug in ssd

3. install windows on ssd

4. plug in hdd

5. Delete the folders "Windows" "Programs" "ProgramData" and "Program (x86)" on the hdd.

As alluded to above, as long as you don't format the HDD during the Windows install process your data on it won't be touched. You don't really even have to remove the HDD from the machine as long as you can keep the drives straight in the installation process. But if you're nervous about it, removing the drive adds another layer of fool-proofing.

Naturally its always wise to have external backups of everything vital, just in case.

I'd always install windows with only one drive installed, then you are sure that it has the bootloader on the right drive.

i am not a native speaker of the english language

[spoiler=My Rig: ]CPU: i7-3770k@Stock | Ram: 3x4GB@1600Mhz | Graka: 660TI@Stock | Storage: 250GB 840Evo, 1x1TB,2x2TB,2x640GB,1x500GB (JBOD) + NAS: DLINK DNS-320 2x3TB Raid1

I'd always install windows with only one drive installed, then you are sure that it has the bootloader on the right drive.

And that's a perfectly fine way to approach it. But current SSDs differ in capacity drastically enough from HDDs that its pretty clear imo which is which in the Windows setup screen. I've done it many times without issue. I suppose if I had a 1 TB SSD and a 1 TB HDD, I would probably be more cautious about it.