A quiet modular PSU?

Tafel_Kafel

Hi, I'm looking for an extremely quiet PSU (around 15db), 550-600w

Any suggestions? Not going to get a fanless because my h440 will fry 

15db? Unless it's running fanless, it's probably not possible. And yes I see that you have the h440, but I don't think it will really fry. What are you exact specs? You could try to get something like a AX760, and I believe it stay fanless until 450-500w, so if your system is not pulling above that, you could probably get away with it

15db? Unless it's running fanless, it's probably not possible. And yes I see that you have the h440, but I don't think it will really fry. What are you exact specs? You could try to get something like a AX760, and I believe it stay fanless until 450-500w, so if your system is not pulling above that, you could probably get away with it

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/J9P8xr

I also wanna get a fan controller 

Probably I'll order that MSI krait edition board or something when it comes out

Evga or Super Flower should be considered (Super Flower are the OEM behind Evga's power supply in case you were not aware of them)

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

What case do you have? If you're after a fan controller some have them built in.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/J9P8xr

I also wanna get a fan controller 

Probably I'll order that MSI krait edition board or something when it comes out

Oh, then you should get the AX760 or something similar, since it will probably stay fanless 99% of the time, but if your h440 does become close to frying it (though I doubt that will happen since its like any other case if its mounted fan downwards) it will start to spin to prevent it from frying it 

What case do you have? If you're after a fan controller some have them built in.

because my h440 will fry 

plz

H440 has a fan hub, but the fans will only run at 12v

Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10, or one of their lower end units. Cables look like shit, but that's fairly easy to deal with. Especially in an H440.

EDIT: The Straight Power 10 is supposed to be extremely quiet.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

the rm line from corsair has yet to fail me and i have yet to see the fan spin on mine so its dead quiet. Running a fairly heavily oc'd 4770k and decently oc'd sli 780's on an 850 watt supply :)

Some power supplies, like the one which is in my rig, will turn their fan on when they reach a certain load OR a certain internal temperature (which you can't set but is generally very low as a precautionary measure) and will keep quiet either way. Generally the newer/higher wattage/higher price power supplies will ever keep quiet.

Also, cases with bottom mounted power supply are designed precisely to keep the PSU and the motherboard in their own thermal zone. It should not affect your case temperatures in any way.

CPU: INTEL i7-4770K | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P w/ NF-A15 | MoBo: Asus Z87-Deluxe | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) @2400MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II | PSU: Seasonic X-850 (KM3)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ white LEDs | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Storage) | ODD(s): LG BH10 BD Rewriter + LG DVD Rewriter | 5.25": Scythe Kama Panel 3.1 |

GAMEPAD: XBOX 360 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i | OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit | MONITOR: Samsung SyncMaster T220HD | SPEAKERS: Logitech LS21

Be Quiet! or LEPA are probably your best bets for outright silence.

Though 15db is borderline crazyspecs.

If you really need 15db, just get an OP PSU in terms of wattage with a quality fan, like a Cougar GX1050. It hovers around 15db up to about 550W. Though I have the GX1050 and even on full load about 800W it still isn't very audible at all. Note that the curve diagram on the website shows max noise at each wattage, so it will take a while before it actually gets that "loud".

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

What are your full system specs?

if your really into being very quiet this would do the trick.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256108&cm_re=fanless-_-17-256-108-_-Product

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s