Need more internal USB Headers

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

Hi guys,

I have a got Asus Rampage V Extreme, a PSU AX1200i, a CPU Liquid Cooler NZXT Kraken x61 and the case Corsair 750D. So total internal USB 2.0 headers required are:

1. Motherboard OC Panel

2. Corsair Link

3. NZXT Kraken x61

4. Front USB Panel of the case

So a total of 4 internal USB 2.0 Headers are required and I have only 2 available. So can I know what solution is available to me to add more internal USB 2.0 headers.

Thank You

If you want them to be internal then something like this should do since you will only need USB 2.0 ports:

http://www.legitreviews.com/nzxt-iu01-usb-2-0-internal-expansion-hub-review_1293

Hi guys,

I have a got Asus Rampage V Extreme, a PSU AX1200i, a CPU Liquid Cooler NZXT Kraken x61 and the case Corsair 750D. So total internal USB 2.0 headers required are:

1. Motherboard OC Panel

2. Corsair Link

3. NZXT Kraken x61

So a total of 4 internal USB 2.0 Headers are required and I have only 2 available. So can I know what solution is available to me to add more internal USB 2.0 headers.

Thank You

You could get an expansion card, a usb3.0 to 2.0 adapter, or lose corsair link.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Hi guys,

1. Motherboard OC Panel

2. Corsair Link

3. NZXT Kraken x61

Thank You

If you want them to be internal then something like this should do since you will only need USB 2.0 ports:

http://www.legitreviews.com/nzxt-iu01-usb-2-0-internal-expansion-hub-review_1293

Thank you guys. I never knew these products existed.

Love this community

Honestly, skip out on Corsair Link, and CAM Software.

CAM software is only useful to change the LED color of your AIO, other than that, its junk.

Same with Corsair Link, not necessary.

Just control your fans off of your motherboard using Fan Xpert.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Honestly, skip out on Corsair Link, and CAM Software.

CAM software is only useful to change the LED color of your AIO, other than that, its junk.

Same with Corsair Link, not necessary.

Just control your fans off of your motherboard using Fan Xpert.

I like to see how much power my pc is consuming, not for a particular reson but I like all the bells and whistles

And also I really like the CAM software.

Your opinion is very good. It is just that my requirements are little different. Thank you

I like to see how much power my pc is consuming, not for a particular reson but I like all the bells and whistles

And also I really like the CAM software.

Your opinion is very good. It is just that my requirements are little different. Thank you

HWiNFO will give you all of the information you need, and it doesn't use up your CPU like CAM.

CAM software sometimes uses up 20% of an i5.  That is INSANE for a simple monitoring program.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

HWiNFO will give you all of the information you need, and it doesn't use up your CPU like CAM.

CAM software sometimes uses up 20% of an i5.  That is INSANE for a simple monitoring program.

What's unique about CAM software I've never heard of this one before.

I didnt know it was so CAM was so much CPU intensive. I will give HWiNFO a try for sure.

What's unique about CAM software I've never heard of this one before.

I don't think anything is truly "unique" about CAM, other than being able to change the LED color on your X41/61.  Anything it offers is already available from a less demanding program such as HWiNFO.

For example, if you wanted to change fan speed through CAM, it has a long delay before it actually takes effect.  Unlike with Fan Xpert, which is instantaneous, and doesn't use up to 20% of your CPU.