I built a computer in the summer and it worked for a couple months.

However, lately I've been experiencing some problems:

- Boot_Device_LED on my motherboard will light up red meaning : 'If an error is found, the critical component's LED stays lit up until the problem is solved.'

- Then my computer will sit on the BIOS screen for another 20 minutes at least. I've tried to enter the BIOS but it's unresponsive. (I have tried putting the dongle in the USB BIOS flashback port)

Sometimes my computer will load normally and other times it won't. 

For Example: I uninstalled one of my RAM modules and it loaded relatively quickly however whilst I was writing this my computer decided to shut down and Windows stated that there had been an error.

I don't think it's a CPU problem as my max CPU temperature has been 30 degrees.

Plus, I have the Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212

I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem over the last week or two.

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 as my Windows 7 started having problems: all default programs turned into a shortcut for Windows Media Centre. I did a system restore and it worked for a while then it happened again but I managed to fix it. I realised it was a file association issue. 

My computer has also started to lag in game and the sound is a bit crackly as well.

Any help would be appreciated as my dad is starting to get on my back claiming I didn't build it properly.

I genuinely don't have a clue what's going on. 

Please help me.

BeastFromTheEast

Hey Beast,

To begin with, I think you built your computer properly if it operated without errors for a couple of months. Unless you've been sticking your fingers in there for some reason, but electronics are generally a little tougher than what people think.

Have you experienced any BSODs? If so, could you note what the text says near the bottom, post it here or run it through a google search?

Perhaps you could grab one RAM stick and then try it in all the motherboard RAM slots individual and see if the problems persist. Then try the other RAM stick to be sure, just to eliminate it as a source of error.

Let us know how it goes,

Michael

Hey Beast,

To begin with, I think you built your computer properly if it operated without errors for a couple of months. Unless you've been sticking your fingers in there for some reason, but electronics are generally a little tougher than what people think.

Have you experienced any BSODs? If so, could you note what the text says near the bottom, post it here or run it through a google search?

Perhaps you could grab one RAM stick and then try it in all the motherboard RAM slots individual and see if the problems persist. Then try the other RAM stick to be sure, just to eliminate it as a source of error.

Let us know how it goes,

Michael

I have experienced a so called BSOD I can't remember exactly what it said but it was something to do with drivers I'll post the results to the RAM swapping later when I get home