Final thoughts on upcoming build?

Quezy

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Quezy/saved/xwTZxr

This will be my first do it yourself rig. I am pretty confident with what I have selected. Please add/give feedback if you feel I am missing something.

My needs.

1080p single monitor gaming for - WoW, Heros of the Storm, Shadows of Mordor, BF4, and few future titles. No Streaming or recording No OCing Some simple home office stuff Last me next 3-4 for gaming titles

Thanks for taking the time!

Q

I think your video card is a little bit advanced compared to the rest of the build. is your budget $900? 

I think your video card is a little bit advanced compared to the rest of the build. is your budget $900? 

Around there. What would you recommend?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($130.50 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($156.00 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($156.00 @ Newegg) 

Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($26.97 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1162.11

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-10 21:49 EDT-0400

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Looks Great! but do you really need the r9 290? if its a single 1080p monitor save some cash and buy something nice  for your girlfriend/spouse :)

Looks Great! but do you really need the r9 290? if its a single 1080p monitor save some cash and buy something nice  for your girlfriend/spouse :)

What would you recommend?

Here, top class.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($232.98 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.23 @ OutletPC)

Memory: Mushkin Stealth 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($65.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($58.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX Video Card  ($329.98 @ NCIX US)

Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I ID ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)

Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $932.11

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-10 22:33 EDT-0400

Cry Me A River B)

i would say just a r9 285 or 280! there great performers! Goto jayztwocentz on youtube and watch his reviews! 

Here,NOT top class.

Cool max psu?? are u fucking me? if you dont know what ur talking about go and get knowledge bro http://www.jonnyguru.com/

This will be my first do it yourself rig. I am pretty confident with what I have selected. Please add/give feedback if you feel I am missing something.

My needs.

1080p single monitor gaming for - WoW, Heros of the Storm, Shadows of Mordor, BF4, and few future titles. No Streaming or recording No OCing Some simple home office stuff Last me next 3-4 for gaming titles

Q

and here if you want on AMD base

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($139.97 @ OutletPC)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.99 @ Micro Center)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($77.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($58.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.98 @ OutletPC)

Case: Zalman Z11 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $880.84

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-10 22:24 EDT-0400

Cry Me A River B)

pfffffffffhahahahahahahahjakkkaaaaaaaaaa dude. lol. Enlight me pretty plzz! "not top class"?? rly?!

Okay here it goes!

Cpu: Good! but he says he doesnt want to OC! The OP decides the rules! remember that!

Mobo: Okay u get him an OC CPU but not a mobo to match? dafuq dude.... lawl haha B85 is meant for buisness not gaming (unless you have the B85 Phoenix from gigabyte or the b85 MSI Gaming)

Mem: Great! one of the only good selections!

SSD: The newer kingston SSD Now drives have a terrible controller, we dont use them on the forums anymore

HDD: The blue is good but.... The Seagate Barricuda is alot better for less price!

GPU: The 970 is good but he doesnt need it!

Case: POOP nuff said

PSU: FUCK NO http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=68

DVD Drive: GREAT

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  ($142.00 @ Amazon) 

CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS10X OPTIMA CPU Cooler  ($21.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: PNY XLR8 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Corsair SPEC-03 White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  ($14.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $912.89

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-10 22:38 EDT-0400

Option for SLI. You said no OC but the option is there for a light OC, chances are you'll at least be curious and if not you have a quiet CPU Cooler. GTX 780 which is nice. Good Rosewill PSU (Super Flower OEM). All in all, this is an overspecced PC for not overspecced price.

My needs.

Q

Here with non K cpu, but you would like to oc a bit with those games at some point.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($177.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.98 @ OutletPC)

Case: Zalman Z11 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $892.87

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-10 22:58 EDT-0400

Cry Me A River B)

i would say just a r9 285 or 280! there great performers! Goto jayztwocentz on youtube and watch his reviews! 

Cool max psu?? are u fucking me? if you dont know what ur talking about go and get knowledge bro http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Ok, I will research those a bit. How do you feel about the cpu and MB I have selected. I am very comfortable with the cpu, its price/performance is great, and I think it will have no issues running my titles. Finding a mobo was the hard part because you don't know what you need until you need it. Thanks for taking time!

Ok, I will research those a bit. How do you feel about the cpu and MB I have selected. I am very comfortable with the cpu, its price/performance is great, and I think it will have no issues running my titles. Finding a mobo was the hard part because you don't know what you need until you need it. Thanks for taking time!

well it depends on the features you need! if you need wifi or awesome mobo audio go for a gaming mobo, if you just need the basics go for a H81 mobo! :)

well it depends on the features you need! if you need wifi or awesome mobo audio go for a gaming mobo, if you just need the basics go for a H81 mobo! :)

I would like a good Mobo, just not sure if that means going for a Z97 or staying where I am. What would you recommend for a good gaming mobo?

Looks like a great pick. I did read a negative review about the BIOS update failing. Does one needs to update the BIOS out of the box and if so what is the procedure? 

prob not, the guy prob was being stupid and bricked the BIOS, lawl, just contact newegg before you buy to see which BIOS is pre loaded when you but it :)

Even for a non oc cpu? I want to make sure that there is no conflict. Sorry for so many questions this is my first part/build project. 

The Z97 board is the same price, so you might as well go with that, even if your cpu is locked. If you decide you want to overclock in the future then you can just put a 'k' cpu in there, along with a cooler such as the Coolermaster Hyper 212.

Also this cpu is slightly faster for the same sort of price.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54460

The Z97 board is the same price, so you might as well go with that, even if your cpu is locked. If you decide you want to overclock in the future then you can just put a 'k' cpu in there, along with a cooler such as the Coolermaster Hyper 212.

Updated my build your thoughts? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Quezy/saved/3djR

Correct update last link was a dud! http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Quezy/saved/YwwmP6