Best folder sync software

sohail

Hi All

I have a project folder which is constantly changing and was wondering what was the best software to use to back it up on to a usb or network drive but also keep it synced so that it wouldn't back the whole thing up every time but just the changes i make and the new additions, id need it to work for windows and mac but doesn't need to work together its just so i can use it to back stuff up on different computers

what would be ideal is if i had a usb drive with the project files and i could work on them in os x and windows and all three was always be synced

would be great if anyone can help.

Sync

(bittorrent sync*

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

i know about bt sync but id rather not use it as my project folder is nearly 400gb and was hoping for a way i can keep it mobile on a usb drive aswel?

i know about bt sync but id rather not use it as my project folder is nearly 400gb and was hoping for a way i can keep it mobile on a usb drive aswel?

WOW 400gb!?  How many projects do you have?

Because he had a hard drive.

WOW 400gb!?  How many projects do you have?

too many and keeping track is getting harder!!!!

too many and keeping track is getting harder!!!!

Uh get an external HHD? 

Because he had a hard drive.

Uh get an external HHD? 

i have many but want to be able to work on my files locally and use the usb drive to back up and sync each system

I run a scheduled backup every day of my most important files I want to keep.

This is setup using the Folder Sync feature with the Beyond Compare software (and the great thing is: it's free for this purpouse ;)).

This feature first checks if there are any changes (which are configurable), then based on what rules you've setup, it copies only new files and/or only missing files, and overwrites them (if newer).

I wouldn't say it's easy to setup (lots of stuff to configure), but once you're there, it's perfect.

So my large file collection of important stuff (is also about 400GB) takes roughly 10-15mins to backup (depending if there are new / changed files).

ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme/U3.1 i7 5820K @ 4.5GHz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning 6GB @ 1500/7096MHz (in 2-Way SLI) Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 as Boot Drive 2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint as Storage Drives Corsair AX1200i Antec Performance One P280 1x Asus ROG Swift PG279Q (27" Widescreen IPS 165Hz G-Sync) 1x Sony GDM-FW900 [22" widescreen CRT] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP 1

thanks for all your input i went down the BT Sync as i discovered it will transfer through my network aswel