$850 Budget

theject

Got some money to spend on a new system, brought my budget up to $850 w/ monitor. No OS, mouse or keyboard needed. This will be a Windows 8.1 system. 

This will be a gaming only rig. I do not need some multi tasking demon so we need to have FPS and Settings performance for one program at a time in mind, no editing or processing will be done either. Ideally I'd like to run at 60 FPS on High/Ultra 1080p. Don't use Watch Dogs or BF4 to claim that I'll never run a game at those settings, they're poorly optimized and I won't be playing them anyways. Most games will be a year old or more with some new titles mixed in (but I'm ok with running those on high or medium if needed. I will never deviate from single operations on this PC as I have a very powerful laptop that will serve well for literally everything else right next to it. I won't even be listening to music or running chat programs while playing games on it. Think of this as a dedicated gaming console. After installing the needed drivers, steam and a few other gaming hubs, this won't even be used for browsing either.

The monitor was chosen for being an IPS display with decent MS. It has speakers and two HDMI slots which will be my preferred method of connection, plus I can hook an xbox or playstation to it if I want, and I probably will at some point. I'm not sure how much better this will be over a TN display for gaming but I like the coloration, angles and sharpness of IPS displays so I figured why not, it's also in the same pricing ball park. I wish to make this console as small as possible, so mini ITX is preferred. I'm not attached to this case, it just seems to have a solid amount of space inside of it while remaining small, if you have a better option, feel free to throw it in your suggestion for changes. Storage is a non issue, so I would prefer just a 128 or 256 SSD as I can purchase a 2TB or 3TB HDD later for next to nothing. In the mean time I won't mind uninstalling something I've finished in order to make room. I will most likely order on or before next Monday, the 13th, in the US with no Microcenters nearby. 

Here is what I have picked out so far, I'm looking to see if we can improve any of this while staying under budget and ignoring rebates. I'm about 40$ under budget so far and imagine this could use some optimizing for value and thats where you lovely people come in. Thanks in advance for any help. I'll keep checking this post and update with what I end up going with for the final build.

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-ITX/WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card  ($184.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Antec ISK600 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($53.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Monitor: AOC i2367Fh 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($156.80 @ Amazon) 
Total: $810.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-07 20:18 EDT-0400

unless your gonna upgrade to a i5 in the future by choosing the g3258 path, then i would recommend a fx cpu instead

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  ($142.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 280X 3GB IceQ X² Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $825.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-07 20:13 EDT-0400

You can get an i5 and still get under $850.

Interested?

I'm open to suggestions, like I said, I came under budget and I want to optimize the build in the best way. I don't want to spend all this money and then realize after it could have been better for the same price. ^^ 

Please use BBCode from here on out.

Fixed just for you buttercup. 

unless your gonna upgrade to a i5 in the future by choosing the g3258 path, then i would recommend a fx cpu instead

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  ($142.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 280X 3GB IceQ X² Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $825.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-07 20:13 EDT-0400

I definitely like that this squeezes more power out of the budget but that case is a bit larger than I would like. Are there mATX/ITX options for this socket at a reasonable price? 

Why are you getting a cooler for the CPU? You can still do some decent overclocking with the  G3258 on the stock cooler albeit not as good.

I definitely like that this squeezes more power out of the budget but that case is a bit larger than I would like. Are there mATX/ITX options for this socket at a reasonable price? 

Not a good idea for a MATX board for a FX 6XXX and above cpu, they can't handle a fx cpu because the VRM cooling isn't well, the power phase isn't powerful enough to power a fx 6xxx cpu and above, plus the MATX boards will have a 760G chipset, (IMO) it would be best to get a 970 chipset AM3+ board and above.

Not a good idea for a MATX board for a FX 6XXX and above cpu, they can't handle a fx cpu because the VRM cooling isn't well, the power phase isn't powerful enough to power a fx 6xxx cpu and above, plus the MATX boards will have a 760G chipset, (IMO) it would be best to get a 970 chipset AM3+ board and above.

That makes sense. I'll definitely consider it. The size is just mostly the killer because it would have to sit on my desk, because you know, animals. :/ 

Why are you getting a cooler for the CPU? You can still do some decent overclocking with the  G3258 on the stock cooler albeit not as good.

Many websites said it would top out at around 4.0-4.2 on stock but would cause the fan to work harder and make a crap ton of noise in the process so I wanted something that could cool it further and be quieter at the same time. It seemed like a reasonable decision. Is it not necessary I take it? I don't own the chip so I can't say I have physical experience with it. As a result I have to go off what people say.