Bose Quite Comfort 20 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50x

Guys, which one should I get?

Bose Quite Comfort 20 link: http://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietComfort-Acoustic-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00D429Y12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412382138&sr=8-1&keywords=qc+20

OR

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x/50 link:- http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1412380272&sr=8-2&keywords=audio+technica

If i go for Audio-Technica... 50 or 50x?

for gaming and casual music. 

My Klipch S4 ear buds died on me yesterday. So I was thinking for an upgrade.  I used Kipch for listening music while commuting to and from work and also for gaming. 

The Klipch ear buds were never really comfortable and tend to slide out of my ear canal. I bought those after watching the glorifying review from MKBHD youtube channel. Wasn't too happy in the end.

So now Marques Brownlee also talking about how great the ATH M50 is.... I don't know if I should follow his advise again!!...

I have read the reviews that Bose QC 20  has amazing sound quality and noise cancellation.. But can ATH M50x/50 match its performance?? If it does; I don't mind it being bulky...

Both Bose QC 20 and ATH M50x/50 have great reviews all-over, what you guys think will be the best choice for me??

pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

Bose makes nice stuff, but they're overpriced for what you're getting. If the build material was better I would be able to recommend their products, but since they feel like they'll break very easily, I can't recommend them.

The Klipsch in-ears you got were probably a defective unit. If they're still in warranty you should send them in to Klipsch and see what they can do. :)

What is your budget? Do you want over-ear headphones or in-ears to replace your Klipsch's if they're out of warranty?

If you're comfortable with carrying over-the-ear headphones around with you and/or listen to things more at home than outside then I would suggest the M50 (or M50x if you need a removable cable), otherwise, the Bose earbuds will do you better. My personal preferance is the M50s, I think they'll provide better sound and build quality. It all comes down to what your use will be.

i9-6930X @ 5.3GHz | ASUS Z1007-A | 64TB G.Skill Ripjaw XIV 2400GHz RAM | GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900R

Corsair CX2500 W | 15TB WD Green | Noctua NH-D24

I'd suggest the m50x, if anything like my lower end m20x in sound quality, comfort, and decent noise cancellation, they would be absolutely amazing.

Of course they would be much much better than my m20xs as they are around 3-4x the price.

Can't say anything about the bose qc 20 as I have never experienced what they are like.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Bose makes nice stuff, but they're overpriced for what you're getting. If the build material was better I would be able to recommend their products, but since they feel like they'll break very easily, I can't recommend them.

The Klipsch in-ears you got were probably a defective unit. If they're still in warranty you should send them in to Klipsch and see what they can do. :)

What is your budget? Do you want over-ear headphones or in-ears to replace your Klipsch's if they're out of warranty?

Klipsch has 1 year limited warranty.. so I am outa luck. Price doesn't really matter. I don't know if I would look like a hipster wearing ATH-M50x/M50 in office or while commuting!! I dont know how the gaming experience would be 

Klipsch has 1 year limited warranty.. so I am outa luck. Price doesn't really matter. I don't know if I would look like a hipster wearing ATH-M50x/M50 in office or while commuting!! I dont know how the gaming experience would be 

If price doesn't really matter then I could be recommending anything between $100 and $5000 setups.

How much do you want to spend? Lol.

Bose is not bad for comfort, and has a similar sound signature to the M50xs in that they both have strong bass.

However Bose earbud wires will tear at the base of the ear bud (like mine), so I'm hesitant to recommend them. I mean it took about 2 years for them to break, but I still think that's too short of a time to break.

The M50x however would likely last much longer, however when you compare them to higher end headphones like DT990s, they're not actually that comfortable, but they make it work.

With that said I have no idea who you are, and I don't know what you like so I'm not going to tell you which one is better for you.

You'd be the opposite of a hipster, since they're so popular and common now. For gaming they're pretty good. Nice bass, but it's slightly more powerful than the mids and highs. Can't speak about positional accuracy though since I never brought one home, just tested it in the shop for about 3 hours.

If price doesn't really matter then I could be recommending anything between $100 and $5000 setups.

How much do you want to spend? Lol.

WOW WOW... slow down now... I meant I am ok spending from $150 to &300...  So it is not like what is best for $300 or for $150... I might choose any of them which best suits my needs

Just get a nice pair of iems. Se215s are the standard go to ones.

Don't buy name brand when it comes to audio (Bose, klipsch ect ect)

Just got the ATH-M50X for $120.00 :)

Now thinking to get Bose IE2 for casual use

Just got the ATH-M50X for $120.00 :)

Now thinking to get Bose IE2 for casual use

Bose is terrible. If you want good IEMs then Shure SE215 and Hifiman RE400 are some good once.