Studio speakers for PC?

Hemanse

Currently using the good old Logitech Z-2300 speaker and sub combo, as for pc speakers i have been quite happy with them, but kinda feel like its maybe time to get something a little less ugly and maybe better sounding, been reading around and it seems that studio monitor speakers would be a good investment, as i dont know much about speakers im not really sure tho.

I have been looking at a pair of M-Audio BX5 D2 (http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-BX5-D2-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B005F3H6Q8), they seem to get good reviews, but maybe someone in here can tell me if studio speakers are a good idea or i should maybe get something else :)

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Currently using the good old Logitech Z-2300 speaker and sub combo, as for pc speakers i have been quite happy with them, but kinda feel like its maybe time to get something a little less ugly and maybe better sounding, been reading around and it seems that studio monitor speakers would be a good investment, as i dont know much about speakers im not really sure tho.

I have been looking at a pair of M-Audio BX5 D2 (http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-BX5-D2-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B005F3H6Q8), they seem to get good reviews, but maybe someone in here can tell me if studio speakers are a good idea or i should maybe get something else :)

I use the JBL LSR2328P Studio monitors for professional and gaming use.

As well as for everyday use as in listening to music!

I don't see why it wouldn't be a good idea!?

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

I use the JBL LSR2328P Studio monitors for professional and gaming use.

As well as for everyday use as in listening to music!

I don't see why it wouldn't be a good idea!?

What im trying to find out, i have no clue when it comes to "hifi", how good the bass is on studio speakers for example or if you need a seperate woofer

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Studio speakers will be accurate in how the file sounds, more so than most headphones. So if you're a fan of how the producer intended for the audio to sound that you're listening to, you'll like those.

I was actually looking at those and some from JBL, but someone I know is a fanboy of M-Audio and swears on them, so they may be the speakers I buy when I get the budget for it.

What im trying to find out, i have no clue when it comes to "hifi", how good the bass is on studio speakers for example or if you need a seperate woofer

Well the 5-inch woofer on the M-Audio isn't going to shake the room.

You might want to look into the 8-inch version of the M-audio studio monitors or get a external powered subwoofer with the 5-inch models if bass is what you want.

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

Studio speakers will be accurate in how the file sounds, more so than most headphones. So if you're a fan of how the producer intended for the audio to sound that you're listening to, you'll like those.

I was actually looking at those and some from JBL, but someone I know is a fanboy of M-Audio and swears on them, so they may be the speakers I buy when I get the budget for it.

Trust me JBL is well worth the money!!

Specially the New LSR Series they have out!

You might want to look into the 8-inch version of the M-audio studio monitors or get a external powered subwoofer with the 5-inch models if bass is what you want.

They can get deep though, depending on the room size.

Trust me JBL is well worth the money!!

Specially the New LSR Series they have out!

I'm not going to be able to get them any time soon, haha. I just like to hear speakers before I buy them (like hearing a guitar amp before I buy it via internet).

Maybe Guitar Center has some JBL's on display.

It all depends on the person.

Somone might like the 5-inch models some might not.

I didn't like the 5-inch JBL models , That's why I got the 8-inch version.

I'm not going to be able to get them any time soon, haha. I just like to hear speakers before I buy them (like hearing a guitar amp before I buy it via internet).

Maybe Guitar Center has some JBL's on display.

Guitar Center has all the studio monitors on display for demo!!

They have the JBL and M-Audio Studio monitors so you can compare them side by side.

http://www.4sound.dk/shop/studiehoejttalere/m-audio/bx8-d2-saet.html

http://www.4sound.dk/shop/studiehoejttalere/jbl/lsr308.html

The site i have been looking at have both, 2000 dkr (330$) is a tad on the high side tho, guess i will have to save up :)

http://www.4sound.dk/shop/studiehoejttalere/m-audio/bx8-d2-saet.html

http://www.4sound.dk/shop/studiehoejttalere/jbl/lsr308.html

The site i have been looking at have both, 2000 dkr (330$) is a tad on the high side tho, guess i will have to save up :)

I would save up and get the JBL ones.

Trust me you wont be disappointed!

JBL is known for quality and sound!

I would save up and get the JBL ones.

Trust me you wont be disappointed!

JBL is known for quality and sound!

I will, 4sound have a store not that far away either, probably a good idea to go there and have a listen, they cost pretty much the same.

I agree with this. Small monitors generally do not extend very low, which is why many people situate them close to the wall.

I will, 4sound have a store not that far away either, probably a good idea to go there and have a listen, they cost pretty much the same.

If they have both of them ask for a side by side comparison and see for your self.

M-Audio is a good brand but JBL is definitely worth the extra money.

Will do, thanks for the inputs

Will do, thanks for the inputs

No problem!

It varies depending on the room you're listening in. Unless you have a treated room, headphones would be better price/performance IMO.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

You can also look at building a system.The items below would total less than $470 for a 2.1 system.

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-ES20-High-Performance-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B00167340E

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-ES150PBK-300-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B00166VDLC

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR313-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B0077V8930