Help me decide :)

Etaeta

Should I go for a 970 or wait for a 20nm 390?

Im kind of stuck on this decision, since I don't really know if 20nm will be revolutionary or wth.... 

The 970. There's no telling when the 390 will be out, except for rumors that say end of this year or beginning of next year. The 970 is the best price/performance gpu right now.

The 970. There's no telling when the 390 will be out, except for rumors that say end of this year or beginning of next year. The 970 is the best price/performance gpu right now.

I mean, I can take it, but the thing is, this so what called "20nm" technology is a game changer?

I mean, I can take it, but the thing is, this so what called "20nm" technology is a game changer?

Of course it's a game changer.  Less heat, More efficent, smaller (you can fit more on a chip) resulting in higher performance. 

Of course it's a game changer.  Less heat, More efficent, smaller (you can fit more on a chip) resulting in higher performance. 

Not really no, a new architecture (in this case, Maxwell) is a game changer, rather than a die shrink.

I think you should go for the 970... The new 390 is just rumours for now, and I prefer nVidia since their cards are not so hot :D

I think you should go for the 970... The new 390 is just rumours for now, and I prefer nVidia since their cards are not so hot :D

Actually, in terms of the 2013 gpu battle, AMD outclassed nvidia with price/perf and better cooled cards (sapphire 290 for example)

And yeah, Ill go with 970 I guess, since I am tired sitting with my 560 ti :/

Should I go for a 970 or wait for a 20nm 390?

Im kind of stuck on this decision, since I don't really know if 20nm will be revolutionary or wth.... 

390? There is already a GTX 390.. I'm curious as to what nvidia will really call their new 20nm lineup since a GTX1080 doesn't sound appealing to me at all... There is no point in upgrading if you're satisfied with your GPU's performance. Waiting to upgrade and having the "latest and greatest" you'd be sitting there forever..

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64