Convection Current cooled CPU?

Keudn

So I had this idea, what if you took a waterblock and with an inch of acrylic tubing connected it straight to a radiator with a fan and filled the loop completely full with water. If you had your motherboard horizontal the heat from the cpu would cause the hot water in the block to rise and be cooled by the radiator, making a convection current. Would this actually work? A problem I see is the water not moving fast enough right when the computer is started and the cpu overheating before the water can actually start circulating, but if that isn't the case I don't see why this wouldn't work.

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

The power of convection isn't enough to make such a thing work.

Especially getting it through something like a radiator, you need pressure for that.

Compatible with Windows 95

My oil submerged PC could technically work like this however its very very very in efficient, there can be a 10c+ difference in temperature from the oil at the top compared to the oil at the bottom in a rad i wouldn't work at all, in fact my h100i when i forgot to plug the pump  in got to 80c. Obviously the fluid was stationary tho. 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

the water in the block heats up, you have an inlet and an outlet, the water wants up through both holes. the effect cancels out, faliure ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]