reading Minecraft crash reports

imperialplanet

Im pretty sure this is where i can put the question, but im wanting to create a modpack and i am getting crashes and i would like to know how to see what block IDs are conflicting with each other. 

Here is the report https://docs.google.com/document/d/1piUKpO32NdlZ8NuEom19njYY7iFAb4l0eDOiyFevnrs/pub

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Im pretty sure this is where i can put the question, but im wanting to create a modpack and i am getting crashes and i would like to know how to see what block IDs are conflicting with each other. 

Here is the report https://docs.google.com/document/d/1piUKpO32NdlZ8NuEom19njYY7iFAb4l0eDOiyFevnrs/pub

Buildcraft is causing the error. Just put applied energistics in it instead, it's a better mod. Buildcraft use to be one of my favorites. But applied energistics does a lot of it better, and I have had buildcraft corrupt a chunk in my world which was where my house was thus ruining that game save I put my time into.

It seems the problem isn't a block id conflict. It looks like an installation of the mod error. Downloading the wrong version, installing incorrectly or just having two mods conflicting. IC2 MIGHT conflict with it I am not sure. I just would take buildcraft out.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I don't see anything about any specific block errors. 

I'm not very good with modding Minecraft, but it looks like there's a problem with the creative menu (pressing e (default)).

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Buildcraft is causing the error. Just put applied energistics in it instead, it's a better mod. Buildcraft use to be one of my favorites. But applied energistics does a lot of it better, and I have had buildcraft corrupt a chunk in my world which was where my house was thus ruining that game save I put my time into.

It seems the problem isn't a block id conflict. It looks like an installation of the mod error. Downloading the wrong version, installing incorrectly or just having two mods conflicting. IC2 MIGHT conflict with it I am not sure. I just would take buildcraft out.

i took it out and put applied energistices and it crashed too. 

EDIT: i downloaded i different version and it worked thanks. 

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

i took it out and put applied energistices and it crashed too. 

Show the crash report with buildcraft removed. See if it crashes without either of the mods. Can't help you if you modify and don't show crash reports. :P

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Show the crash report with buildcraft removed. See if it crashes without either of the mods. Can't help you if you modify and don't show crash reports. :P

i got it, i downloaded the dev version instead of the "normal one". but for in the future were should i look in the crash logs?

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

i got it, i downloaded the dev version instead of the "normal one". but for in the future were should i look in the crash logs?

Told you it was the wrong version. :P

It honestly just depends on the log. I don't actually look in one spot for one thing. It is just something I have learned over the years modding minecraft, having trouble, finding my problem. I'll try to guide you with this error but it wont be the same. Some are really difficult to find.

"cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.core.ItemBuildCraft.setCreativeTab(Lnet/minecraft/creativetab/CreativeTabs;)Lnet/minecraft/item/Item;

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:162)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:515)
        at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:239)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
        at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
        at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:286)
        at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:376)
        at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:165)
        at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54)

// As you can see everything up to this point hasn't said anything strange. But look below 

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.core.ItemBuildCraft.setCreativeTab(Lnet/minecraft/creativetab/CreativeTabs;)Lnet/minecraft/item/Item;

//This is saying there is a buildcraft error

at buildcraft.core.ItemBuildCraft.<init>(ItemBuildCraft.java:30)
        at buildcraft.core.ItemBuildCraft.<init>(ItemBuildCraft.java:24)
        at buildcraft.core.ItemWrench.<init>(ItemWrench.java:31)
        at buildcraft.BuildCraftCore.loadConfiguration(BuildCraftCore.java:258)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:513)
        ... 18 more
"

So with that knowledge I know that more than likely buildcraft is causing the problem. Now to find out what about buildcraft is. Usually when there is a ID conflict it will indicate it in the crash report, notice it did not. So I move down to the next log which gives more detail

"   Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
        Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
        Java Version: 1.7.0_55, Oracle Corporation
        Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
        Memory: 204805848 bytes (195 MB) / 574619648 bytes (548 MB) up to 954728448 bytes (910 MB)
        JVM Flags: 3 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
        AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
        IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
        FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.84.1217 Minecraft Forge 10.13.1.1217 15 mods loaded, 15 mods active
        mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        FML{7.10.84.1217} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.1.1217-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        Forge{10.13.1.1217} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.1.1217-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        CodeChickenCore{1.0.3.26} [codeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        NotEnoughItems{1.0.3.56} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.3.56-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        DamageIndicatorsMod{3.2.0} [Damage Indicators] ([1.7.10]DamageIndicatorsMod-3.2.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

//Everything up to thing point has preinitalized which means it has loaded as much as it can till minecraft actually starts. Everything is good here.

BuildCraft|Core{6.0.18} [buildCraft] (buildcraft-6.0.18-dev.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
        BuildCraft|Builders{6.0.18} [bC Builders] (buildcraft-6.0.18-dev.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
        BuildCraft|Energy{6.0.18} [bC Energy] (buildcraft-6.0.18-dev.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
        BuildCraft|Factory{6.0.18} [bC Factory] (buildcraft-6.0.18-dev.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
        BuildCraft|Transport{6.0.18} [bC Transport] (buildcraft-6.0.18-dev.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
        BuildCraft|Silicon{6.0.18} [bC Silicon] (buildcraft-6.0.18-dev.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored

//Everything before this text has not loaded. It all has an error. That tells me that the mod is not installed correctly for some reason or it is conflicting with another mod. At this point we would go farther and start testing things to determine the actual cause. I would do some research into buildcraft mod conflicts that are known and help determine the problem.

IC2{2.2.628-experimental} [industrialCraft 2] (Industrial-Craft-2-Mod-Experimental-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        inventorytweaks{1.59-dev-152-cf6e263} [inventory Tweaks] (InventoryTweaks-1.59-dev-152.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
        journeymap{4.0.4} [JourneyMap] (JourneyMap4.0.4_Unlimited_MC1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized"

//No other mods are giving errors, so buildcraft seems to be the only cause. So that is where we start looking for fixes.

Now not every crash log is going to be the same. Yours is actually quite short. You really just have to read every line of the log and look for errors, make sense of the errors and go for fixes. Some have multiple errors and makes it even harder to find the source of the problem.

Told you it was the wrong version. :P

ok, thank you good sir  :)

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

ok, thank you good sir  :)

You're welcome. :)