Kraken X61 vs Corsair H110

Husam
Go to solution Solved by nkd90,

okay well I have heard a lot of good things about the corsair h100i from people saying they liked the performance but I dont really know how well either one performs but based on looking at the specs I'd say on paper the kraken looks to be better as for its CFM is 106.1 and corsair is only 77 which higher CFM the better! And two the noise from the kraken would be more quite than the corsair as for its rpms go from 800-2000 while corsair has a rating of 2,700 rpm. But AIO systems are basically the same, just depends if your brand loyal or if you mind a little extra noise or want it to be quite! I personally think I'd go with the Kraken X61 based on the two product specs!

I want to watercool my I7-4770 and I am planning to get the new broadwell once it comes out so I can overclock it, but for now I am good with the non-K version. I am planning to get one of those 2 coolers: 1. Corsair h110 or 2. NZXT Kraken X61.

I also want to check that it fits into my case so my specs are:

Cpu: I7-4770

motherboard: Asus Maximus VII hero

Ram: 8GB HyperX beast from kingston 

Case: coolermaster cm690III

I want the answers to be based on benchmarks, reviews and personal experience.

Have a nice day :D

look under case specs and see what options for (radiators) are available throughout the case. It usually post in the "FAN" part. It'll say something like optional 240 radiator up top etc. Or it will say something like 2 140mm fans up top 2 120mm on bottom etc. And then just see what size fans your AIO is and see if its compatible! I personally dont like AIO for my overclocking as for I dont get desired temperatures so I recommend a custom water loop. But temp desires is all personal preference. 45-55 degrees Celsius is a "safe temperature" but i prefer my temps in the 30's why I went away from AIO

never messed with a non "k" intel processor before. But I dont think those are really overclockable due to they are unlocked and all "K" versions are unlocked. I could be wrong I just thought computer enthusiast and OC guru's always bought "K" versions for the purpose of pushing the PC as far as it could go!

I don't want to overclock it(as said in the OP)... I am waiting for the 5th gen I7s so I can push them to the max!! 

look under case specs and see what options for (radiators) are available throughout the case. It usually post in the "FAN" part. It'll say something like optional 240 radiator up top etc. Or it will say something like 2 140mm fans up top 2 120mm on bottom etc. And then just see what size fans your AIO is and see if its compatible! I personally dont like AIO for my overclocking as for I dont get desired temperatures so I recommend a custom water loop. But temp desires is all personal preference. 45-55 degrees Celsius is a "safe temperature" but i prefer my temps in the 30's why I went away from AIO

I dont think that I have enough experience to build a custom water loop+ I dont have enough money because I am saving for the new I7s and want to get a AIO ( it saves alot of time) so my question isssss which cooler is better!

okay well I have heard a lot of good things about the corsair h100i from people saying they liked the performance but I dont really know how well either one performs but based on looking at the specs I'd say on paper the kraken looks to be better as for its CFM is 106.1 and corsair is only 77 which higher CFM the better! And two the noise from the kraken would be more quite than the corsair as for its rpms go from 800-2000 while corsair has a rating of 2,700 rpm. But AIO systems are basically the same, just depends if your brand loyal or if you mind a little extra noise or want it to be quite! I personally think I'd go with the Kraken X61 based on the two product specs!

Thanks alot :D

no problem! and you can always put different fans on the AIO in case you want better performance or more silent!

no problem! and you can always put different fans on the AIO in case you want better performance or more silent!

Sad news....I was ordering the kraken X61 and then I noticed that it's out of stock :(

It looks like I am going to get the h110, its still a prettry solid product but I will not get any LEDs :'(

well in that case, order some higher CFM fans that are quite!

suggestion??

corsair AF quite  series, gentle typhoons, 11,12 or 13! (14) kinda loud! and nocturnal fans

corsair AF quite  series, gentle typhoons, 11,12 or 13! (14) kinda loud! and nocturnal fans

Thank you :D

Thank you :D

before you waste your money though wait till you receive the product and if the temps aren't where you want them or the fans are to loud make adjustments accordingly!

what about cooler master jet flo?  they have led's and are not that expensive either