swiftech h220-x or CoolerMaster Glacer 240L

clementk

i want to get a Cooler now and later add my 780 to the loop and i am not sure which is better.

i have a NZXT h440 so can even later add another radiator in front.

Needs Update

i would get the h220-x. reviews on newegg say that their glacer 240l  caught on fire

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

i would get the h220-x. reviews on newegg say that their glacer 240l  caught on fire

O.o how ?

Needs Update

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

H220x because it allows you to incorporate more parts later

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Go with the h220-x. I asked the same question a few months ago and everyone said go with the swiftech which was honestly the right decision since I haven't had any issues with it yet and keeps my 8320 cool.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

I have sent my glacer 240l back twice already for pump failures....just got it back for the second time we will see how it goes.  If it was me I would skip on the 240l.  When it is working it is great though :)

i want to get a Cooler now and later add my 780 to the loop and i am not sure which is better.

i have a NZXT h440 so can even later add another radiator in front.

H220/X and the Glacer share the same pumps and cavitation issues associated

with these items.

if looking to "expand" later, the just consider a simple CPU loop now and add-on

later when funds/hardware is available. there isn't that much help/savings starting

with and AIO to add more to it. in the long run, you fare better in a custom than

a starter AIO. less pump problems and more enjoyment.