Swiftech h220x question.

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if the Radiator of h220x will be enough for a custom loop of CPU and 2 way SLI? Do i need another radiator?

What about the pump is it powerful enough? Cause i want to buy one and it's my first time doing water cooling and stuff.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I did some research and it says that the h220x's rad has 13 FPI

You will need more rads. Pump should be enough.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I'm guessing the pump should be enough, but you should definitely add at least another 120mmx240mm or 140mmx280mm radiator to be on the safe side temperature-wise :)

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

Fast replies! Thank you guys! Any rad recommendations? And also how should my loop goes? PUMP/RES>CPU>RAD>GPUs>RAD>PUMP/RES?

Fast replies! Thank you guys! Any rad recommendations? And also how should my loop goes? PUMP/RES>CPU>RAD>GPUs>RAD>PUMP/RES?

should always be res>pump

you'll always want the pump to be fed by the reservoir.

should always be res>pump

you'll always want the pump to be fed by the reservoir.

Wait, I thought the h220x is a combo of res+pump+rad?

Wait, I thought the h220x is a combo of res+pump+rad?

Yeah, keep that at the top of the case, sever one of the connections to the CPU block and throw a GPU block and an extra rad into the loop (no idea about brands, sorry :P ).

As Linus has stated, it doesn't matter what order the various loop components are in. The one golden rule for loops with a separate pum and reservoir is to have the res feed into the pump using gravity, for safety purposes - you don't need to worry about this, though :)

Note: when I say to keep it at the top of the case, I naturally don't mean when configuring or filling the loop :)

Another note: might want to look at Swiftech for the extra components - they do make the h220x... :)

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

Yeah, keep that at the top of the case, sever one of the connections to the CPU block and throw a GPU block and an extra rad into the loop (no idea about brands, sorry :P ).

Yeah, that's what i was thinking. h220x to CPU then to my SLI then rad then back to h220x if that works lol

As Linus has stated, it doesn't matter what order the various loop components are in. The one golden rule for loops with a separate pum and reservoir is to have the res feed into the pump using gravity, for safety purposes - you don't need to worry about this, though  :)

Good to know! Now i'm more confident that i can do this alone haha!

Note: when I say to keep it at the top of the case, I naturally don't mean when configuring or filling the loop  :)

Yeah, i know. I never planned on putting it anywhere other than at the top of the case. :)

Another note: might want to look at Swiftech for the extra components - they do make the h220x...  :)

Okay, thanks for the advice! I'm looking for 140mm rad now and i find some but still debating which ones to get lol

No a 240mm rad that thin will not be enough. My H320's rad wouldnt be enough either which is why with my anthrax build ill be expanding the H320 with a rad from a H220 that I got on sale.

No a 240mm rad that thin will not be enough. My H320's rad wouldnt be enough either which is why with my anthrax build ill be expanding the H320 with a rad from a H220 that I got on sale.

Do you have any Rad in mind that you would like to recommend? Probably another 240mm rad. I might place it at the bottom of the case or in front (gotta remove the drive base though lol)

So i looked around and i got two that i like but im still debating what to get.

First is the Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full CopperDual 120mm Radiator.

Second is the XSPC EX240 Dual 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator.

I need the one that is ENOUGH cause i don't plan on doing 3-way or quad SLI or something like that lol

probably just gonna OC my CPU to around 4.5GHz or more I still don't know.

Do you have any Rad in mind that you would like to recommend? Probably another 240mm rad. I might place it at the bottom of the case or in front (gotta remove the drive base though lol)

Thsi is what i just got its a great deal http://goo.gl/mW7pTq .

Nice! This is enough for my loop, right? :)

did yo uever say which gpu's and cpu's?

did yo uever say which gpu's and cpu's?

No, I haven't. It's Core i5 4790K 4.5GHz and GTX 660 TI SC 3GB SLI and im thinking of upgrading my GPUs in the future of course. :)

No, I haven't. It's Core i5 4790K 4.5GHz and GTX 660 TI SC 3GB SLI and im thinking of upgrading my GPUs in the future of course. :)

It should be im not 100% sure how well of a job it would do. Maybe make a thread and post exactly what your using and what you plan on using to cool it and see what other think.