My First PC Build

Sykick
Go to solution Solved by alby800,

I use it primarily for gaming yes. I also use it alot for video editing as well.

What could I have done to the gaming aspect?

Mechanical keyboard is my next update. Currently looking at the CM Storm keyboards.

i5 4690k, 8gbs RAM, and more powerfull GPU

another thing I would also change is the PSU, it is fine but it also wasn't the best choice. You could have gotten a 650 watt gold unit I think, (not sure though, not familiar with prices much)

It is still a great build, just probably not as optimised as it could have been if you had made a topic asking for a bit of help.

Other than a new keyboard the next upgrade if you are not happy with the performance would be a more powerful GPU like the 970/980. You likely won't need a cpu and motherboard upgrade for a while yet :lol:

Just wanted to post my first PC build, and am wondering what you guys think of it. Also, any suggestions on what I can do to improve it would be most welcome.

This build is already built. Just wanting feedback is all.

• CPU
    Intel Core i7 4770k
  • Motherboard
  • ASUS Z87-PRO
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (2x8GB)
  • GPU
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 760
  • Case
    Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green
  • Storage
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal HDD 
  • SSD 840 EVO 2.5-inch SATA 250GB                                             
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CXM series CX750M 750W
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
  • Keyboard: Steel Series Apex
  • Mouse: Logitech G602
I'm currently running a 3 monitor setup but can't recall the names of all 3 as they are all different.
All 3 monitors have a maximum resolution of 1920x1080.
Edited by Sykick

Uses, Currency, budget?

Edit - is OS needed, monitors, mouse, keyboard etc

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Just wanted to post my first PC build, and am wondering what you guys think of it. Also, any suggestions on what I can do to improve it would be most welcome.

-snip-

I'm currently running a 3 monitor setup but can't recall the names of all 3 as they are all different.

what @alby800 said

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I should probably mention that this pc is already built and am just wanting feedback to know if I messed up anywhere.

Currently using Windows 8.1

keyboard is a steel series Apex

Logitech G602 Mouse

I should probably mention that this pc is already built and am just wanting feedback to know if I messed up anywhere.

Logitech G602 Mouse

Why would you want people to tell you if you messed up? :S

go z97.

he probably doesnt 16gb of ram either.

get another psu.

get an evga card.

Why?

Why?

Why?

And why?

Nothing wrong with the PSU or GPU

go z97.

he probably doesnt 16gb of ram either.

get another psu.

get an evga card.

If your gonna say thing that like. At least tell me why I should.

Why would you want people to tell you if you messed????

I simply want to know for the future. When I do ever decide to upgrade or build a new rig. I'd like to know what exactly I should be looking for.

I did research on this build but I didn't really have any outside opinions to help me a long.

hopefully this makes a little bit of sense.

If your gonna say thing that like. At least tell me why I should.

ok.

1. its newer and the same price.

2. you are most likely gaming on that pc, so you won't benefit from 16gb. btw, if you are gaming, get a 4690k.

3. that psu isnt as high end as the other components, not really balanced.

4. they have awesome customer support.

Logitech G602 Mouse

You probably should have mentioned that :lol: and I also should have realised that this is in Build Logs. whoops.

What are you using the computer for, if it is for gaming, you could have done WAY better.

If it is for video editing, then it is fine.

Other than that I recommend getting a nice mechanical keyboard.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

You probably should have mentioned that :lol: and I also should have realised that this is in Build Logs. whoops.

What are you using the computer for, if it is for gaming, you could have done WAY better.

If it is for video editing, then it is fine.

Other than that I recommend getting a nice mechanical keyboard.

I use it primarily for gaming yes. I also use it alot for video editing as well.

Mechanical keyboard is my next update. Currently looking at the CM Storm keyboards.

another thing I would also change is the PSU, it is fine but it also wasn't the best choice. You could have gotten a 650 watt gold unit I think, (not sure though, not familiar with prices much)

It is still a great build, just probably not as optimised as it could have been if you had made a topic asking for a bit of help.

Other than a new keyboard the next upgrade if you are not happy with the performance would be a more powerful GPU like the 970/980. You likely won't need a cpu and motherboard upgrade for a while yet :lol:

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll keep your suggestions in mind the next time I'm looking to build a gaming rig.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll keep your suggestions in mind the next time I'm looking to build a gaming rig.

No problem!

Next time, try posting your build to the forums, normally there is someone in the community who can give you tips on a specific product if they own it, help refine your build and just generally give you the good old go ahead :)