Decent portable speakers below 100 USD

minus

Hi guys. do you have any recommendation for a portable speaker(s) which can double as a media device? It should be able to play songs from a thumb drive or a micro SD card. It should also be pretty snall like the Razer Ferox, can be a bit bigger tho it just have to be small enough to carry around. 

Songs will be played are top 40 hits so it may be pop or a bit of rap, but should also be decent when playing old songs (David Pomeranz ftw)

Oh, I dont mind if it doesnt support bluetooth, Thanks!

love my ferox's!!!!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

love my ferox's!!!!

lol glad you did ;) Would you mind sharing any alternatives?

lol glad you did ;) Would you mind sharing any alternatives?

i mean i would really base your choice on reviews of others because everyone's taste in sound is different. i also own a skullcandy super pipe and i really enjoy it.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

i mean i would really base your choice on reviews of others because everyone's taste in sound is different. i also own a skullcandy super pipe and i really enjoy it.

I dont mind that. I just want to see if others have any more recommendations along this price range and usage. 

I dont mind that. I just want to see if others have any more recommendations along this price range and usage. 

i gotcha

Razer Ferox are some of the best i've tried out.. i've had some others and they just don't hold up.. my Ferox have been through hell and highwater..

lol funny story

one year for Halloween I strapped the ferox to my shoulders and played creepy music from my phone through them. the ~13 hour battery is awesome in them.. (note: I have the old blue LED version so I can't comment on the new Green LED version.)

Razer Ferox are some of the best i've tried out.. i've had some others and they just don't hold up.. my Ferox have been through hell and highwater..

lol funny story

one year for Halloween I strapped the ferox to my shoulders and played creepy music from my phone through them. the ~13 hour battery is awesome in them.. (note: I have the old blue LED version so I can't comment on the new Green LED version.)

Too bad it cant play audio from a thumbdrive. 

Or cant it?... :S

You can also get a cheap mp3 player and use that to read microsd cards so this 'requirement' doesn't narrow your choice of speakers down

lol funny story

I Def have the blue ones. But they are really sturdy for sure! I love mine especially for at work

You can also get a cheap mp3 player and use that to read microsd cards so this 'requirement' doesn't narrow your choice of speakers down

SanDisk clip + has a micro SD card attachment and with rockbox installed the audio quality is awesome

do you mind sharing these "choices" that you speak off? it would be great if it supports bluetooth but if it doesnt, please include it anyway, Thanks.

do you mind sharing these "choices" that you speak off? it would be great if it supports bluetooth but if it doesnt, please include it anyway, Thanks.

I don't have any experience with portable speakers in your price range, sorry.

the Razer Ferox play through 3.5mm (phone jack). I don't have any experience with current generation MP3 players.. I just use my phone and Google Play music to offload my entire library of like 6K songs..

the USB port for them is to charge the ~13 hour battery, it does not have to be plugged in, in order for the Ferox to work.