processor for 3d gaming

dodo

i7 3770k (overclocked to 4.5ghz) have a major improvement over the i7 3770(3.9ghz in turbo mode) in 3d gaming ?

It would have an improvement for sure. Actually overclocking will beat Turbo boost in most cases.

CPU doesnt help much in gaming. The bottleneck is the gpu in most cases. You will only gain 1 or 2 frames out of a cpu overclock.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

If you're gaming then go for the 3570 (or the K if you want to overclock), the 3770 will only be useful if you're doing more than gaming (rendering, vm's, etc).

To your question itself will an overclocked chip be a major improvement yes and no. It will make a difference but not a very noticeable one compared to upgrading your GPU.

This rule also applies to AMD CPUs, in games they perform pretty similar to a Intel CPU.

Processor will not be the limiting factor when you are 3D gaming it will be the graphics card or cards. Ideally for 3D gaming you want to throw a reasonable amount of horsepower at it, ideally two way SLI or CrossFireX.

Bearing in mind that nvidias 3D is also better than what AMD has.

No the processor doesnt do much for 3d gaming, thats mostly done by the Gpus, If you want a good cpu overall get the 3570k, its very good, If you do alot of video rendering then go with the 3770k and overclocking is much worth the 10$ difference from the 3770

Id leave it stock with the turbo because the overclock will just make your CPU hotter which will need your fan to spin more = louder system, expect if you are using a water-cooling solution then i would use it overclocked. The 3770 CPU is fine out of the box and will not bottleneck any games your playing.