Star Citizen - Confusion

Smash.Mac

Hey all,

So I just bought star citizen, and I'm kinda confused. Firstly, the only thing I can do is arena commander, no free roaming. In the commercials for the ships they talk about exploration, MMO action etc. Also, I don't know how to earn money and buy upgrades for ships and stuff. Now are these advertised features just for the future updates, or am i missing something? I know some of you will think I'm an idiot for asking these questions, but I'm just not sure

Help appreciated thanks

-snip-

Those are future updates. The only thing released currently is Arena Commander. Later, there will be a single player mode with story, free roaming in a persistent universe for multiplayer, and a large number of other things to do. 

Expect these features to be here around mid-late 2015.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Those are future updates. The only thing released currently is Arena Commander. Later, there will be a single player mode with story, free roaming in a persistent universe for multiplayer, and a large number of other things to do.

Expect these features to be here around mid-late 2015.

Thanks! I get it now

Thanks! I get it now

You're welcome. 

Here's the page for their current development standing: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/project-status

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.