Planetside 2

Nathaniel Vazquez

Ok so i have been running Planetside 2 on a 64 bit forced client (http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/237752/how_to_force_x64_client_to_run_now_that_its/) heres a link to it if you want to find out how to do it, but my problem is that i have massive game stuttering. I could be doing something basic at 3 am when no one is on and have stuttering that will cause me to crash a sythe, and also get these at random times where nothing is happening like when i change my loadout. Would it help if i go back to a 32 bit client even though i have a 64 bit processor? And if so, is there a specific way to do that or just go in reverse of what the reddit post said? Thanks for anyhelp :)

Going back to the 32-bit client should just be as simple as reversing what was done in the post by renaming the exe's. 

Running a 32 bit client even though you have a 64 bit capable CPU/OS shouldn't *really* affect anything. Other than, of course, that you're experiencing bugs in the 64 bit client and going back to 32 bit *should* fix those bugs.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

the 64 bit client is in Beta right now, You'll get some funny bugs. (I've had missing textures for the longest time)

Switch back to 32 bit

Maybe it would cause some problems if your client reaches more than 3 GB of ram? I run it at ultra settings with shadows on low and after 1-2 hours my 8 GB size ram has about 200-300 mb of free spaces and i got serious lagging. Don't know how to fix this thing :\

Ok thanks guys, I'll switch back to the 32 bit and let you know what happens, and on the question of ram i think that game eats up close to 3 gigs after just like 30 min but stays at that from sessions up to 4 hours (I have 8 GB DDR3 btw)

Going back to the 32-bit client should just be as simple as reversing what was done in the post by renaming the exe's. 

Running a 32 bit client even though you have a 64 bit capable CPU/OS shouldn't *really* affect anything. Other than, of course, that you're experiencing bugs in the 64 bit client and going back to 32 bit *should* fix those bugs.

Any idea how i would switch it back? do i delete the x64 copy file and then get rid of the rename of the 32 bit and make it "Planetside2.exe" again?

Any idea how i would switch it back? do i delete the x64 copy file and then get rid of the rename of the 32 bit and make it "Planetside2.exe" again?

If I understood the process correctly, that should work just fine.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems