Changing video card in a watercooling loop

So I'm just about finished planning out my watercooling setup for my already existing build (specs in my sig), and I was originally going to buy another 7950 to go crossfire and use RadeonPro to get rid of some of the framerating issues. However, I don't need the extra horsepower yet and might want to switch to a 780 in the future, so I'm going to stick with my single 7950 for now.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is anything I can add to my loop to make it easier to change the video card in the future? I'd really like not having to drain the whole thing / take it apart but don't know if that would even be possible, so let me know!

Thanks

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

koolance quick disconnects it what u will need

other companies are making them also ...bitspower and such but koolance got gen 2 versions i think

koolance quick disconnects it what u will need

other companies are making them also ...bitspower and such but koolance got gen 2 versions i think

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a ton!

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

i was gonna say the same thing lol as gts250ftw, about the only solution i can think of for what you wanna do.. either that or buy the 780 before watercooling

i was gonna say the same thing lol as gts250ftw, about the only solution i can think of for what you wanna do.. either that or buy the 780 before watercooling

Problem with that is that I don't have the money:P The quick disconnects he suggested look perfect.

By the time you come to upgrading your GPU, you will definitely need to replace your fluid anyway. So just do your loop as tidy as possible with the loop you want to have now and then when you upgrade your GPU drain it all, and fill it back up with new coolant.

By the time you come to upgrading your GPU, you will definitely need to replace your fluid anyway. So just do your loop as tidy as possible with the loop you want to have now and then when you upgrade your GPU drain it all, and fill it back up with new coolant.

Not a bad idea as well, I also looked into the quick disconnects a bit and it turns out they can make my loop quite more restrictive. Would I be better off just adding a drain valve somewhere? I don't fully understand how a loop is even drained...

Not a bad idea as well, I also looked into the quick disconnects a bit and it turns out they can make my loop quite more restrictive. Would I be better off just adding a drain valve somewhere? I don't fully understand how a loop is even drained...

yeah, Drain ports are easier to have

But with past build. I have just sat a bowl under the GPU and pulled the tubing off the GPU barb and drained it that way.

When you start getting most water out just blow on the tube and it drains out of the GPU to the bowl. Super simple.

yeah, Drain ports are easier to have

But with past build. I have just sat a bowl under the GPU and pulled the tubing off the GPU barb and drained it that way.

When you start getting most water out just blow on the tube and it drains out of the GPU to the bowl. Super simple.

That's exactly what I do. Sure it's more time consuming then having a drain valve but it saves money. 

I'd just drain the entire loop when you add a new card. That way it's all nice and clean for the new card. 

I find it easier to have a dedicated drainage system set up, literally a tap and a barb coming off a Q connector at the bottom of my case. Is a bit of a pain sometimes though since I have a rad at the bottom of my rig. But for a graphics change couple of Koolance quick disconnects is the way to as long as your coolant aint like 2years old

Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted

(Do not try to work the meaning out you will go insane I have tried it)

yea i was also gunna suggest place 2 valves right before and after the gpu xD

or have a proper drainage system 

check out singularity computers he does some amazing loops