OS X 10.8.4 might be coming very soon

TGBSeth

"OS X 10.8.4 is likely on its way within the next couple of weeks now that Apple has closed the operating system’s beta to developers.  It will be interesting not only to see what the 10.84 update brings, but also to see whether or not an entire new version of OS X will be announced during WWDC in just a couple of weeks."

FULL STORY: http://www.tgbuzz.com/2013/05/31/os-x-10-8-4-might-be-coming-very-soon/

now if only i had a hackintosh...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

now if only i had a hackintosh...

I tried building one before...thought it would be easy...then I realized it wasn't.

There are very few components that actually work with the Mac OS. 

Without the persona of ol' Stevie boy, seems to me Apple is losing traction. I think people saw him as the herald of a future that we all wanted, like the jetsons where everything all looked like it was supposed to be there. 

Without him at the helm it's just another tech company that's not really doing anything new or interesting.

Along came an Android... I'm glad apple is still around though, we wouldn't have variety without other options, you need andoid and IOS and Windows and Linux.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Without the persona of ol' Stevie boy, seems to me Apple is losing traction. I think people saw him as the herald of a future that we all wanted, like the jetsons where everything all looked like it was supposed to be there. 

Yep, they need another crazy young trippy dude to become CEO again, seemed to work well last time :) 

Even though Steve wasn't a super nice guy, people did seem to like him as a representation of Apple. 

I tried building one before...thought it would be easy...then I realized it wasn't.

There are very few components that actually work with the Mac OS. 

It actually isn't all that hard. As long as you go on tonymacx86.com and follow their buyers guides, such as this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/351-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-may-2013.html

Worst case, go on their forums and ask any questions you have, and you should be able to do it. 

It actually isn't all that hard. As long as you go on tonymacx86.com and follow their buyers guides, such as this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/351-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-may-2013.html

Worst case, go on their forums and ask any questions you have, and you should be able to do it. 

Ya part way into the process, I found that site.  If I only I had done that before buying the parts...I was clueless about PC's back then.  I might build one soon though just for the fun of it. 

Yep, they need another crazy young trippy dude to become CEO again, seemed to work well last time :)

Even though Steve wasn't a super nice guy, people did seem to like him as a representation of Apple. 

Oh he was a terrible human being bent on  world domination, but it was that sort oppressively minimalist style that made apple what it was, a real force. It was that insane marketing and brand recognition. Very well played indeed. 

I don't like the product or the man, but the tactics were impressive.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Ya part way into the process, I found that site.  If I only I had done that before buying the parts...I was clueless about PC's back then.  I might build one soon though just for the fun of it. 

Yeah, its actually pretty cool to get a fully functioning Mac working. I've always used Macs, but didnt have the money to get a Mac Pro, so I built a hackintosh and it has worked flawlessly for the past year. 

Yeah, its actually pretty cool to get a fully functioning Mac working. I've always used Macs, but didnt have the money to get a Mac Pro, so I built a hackintosh and it has worked flawlessly for the past year. 

That was the same reason I was trying to build one, although it does seem like PC's and Mac's are starting to cost about the same amount so who knows, maybe I'll just outright buy a Mac eventually.  

Well, apple might have other issues. It seems to me that more and more people start to realise that a shiny os doesn't really worth the money. Many can't afford to spend $2000 on ram that you can buy for $450 off of NCIX.

I have tried to build a hackintosh before, everything worked except for the ethernet drivers. That of course after trying at least 6 different versions. I guess the best way to do it is to go and shop for parts that you know will work with the OS. Wonder whether my planned new i7 4770k/gtx780 build would be able to run it.

- CoolerMaster CM II Advanced - Core i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz - ASUS Z87 Sabertooth - EVGA GTX 460 SC - 8 Gb Mushckin Enhanced Silverline -

- 120Gb Intel 320 SSD - 1TB WD Caviar Black - BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair TX750W -

Well, apple might have other issues. It seems to me that more and more people start to realise that a shiny os doesn't really worth the money. Many can't afford to spend $2000 on ram that you can buy for $450 off of NCIX.

I have tried to build a hackintosh before, everything worked except for the ethernet drivers. That of course after trying at least 6 different versions. I guess the best way to do it is to go and shop for parts that you know will work with the OS. Wonder whether my planned new i7 4770k/gtx780 build would be able to run it.

You know people buy them for the shiny hardware, not the software, right?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I don't think Apple would be much different even if Steve Jobs was still alive. The competition now is too fierce. The aesthetics that made mac computers so desirable are mostly either copied or surpassed with the slew of new products these days.

Surprising. I thought the OS X team was pulled away from 10.8.4 to work on iOS 7?

I don't think Apple would be much different even if Steve Jobs was still alive. The competition now is too fierce. The aesthetics that made mac computers so desirable are mostly either copied or surpassed with the slew of new products these days.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's been surpassed but the competition is getting very close.  

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

the Mac OS isn't actually that expensive... its a shame that it has allot of compatibility issues :/

Character artist in the Games industry.

Actually a lot of parts work with them, just need to find the right kexts. And you need a lot of patience

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

the Mac OS isn't actually that expensive... its a shame that it has allot of compatibility issues :/

You mean not being able to run Programs designed for windows?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Well, it's not necessarily compatibility issues.  That would imply that those programs were meant to go on both Operating System's.  The main issue is that there are just less programs on OS X.  

Have been thinking of building a dual boot PC of mac OS and windows_